Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 20 May 16, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
grannyed
Very Serious Dibber

Low carbs?

Hi. Now that summer is approaching I have been trying on my summer clothes. A lot of them are very tight around my waist. I have been told that a good way to go to help with this is low carbs.

I know that I need to cut down/cut out bread, rice, potatoes, cereal etc.

Anything else I should be wary of. For example bananas and baked beans, should I cut them out.

Some suggestions for breakfast would come in handy. The main advise I have is to eat fruit, I do eat a small amount but I have to stick to low acidic fruit (and there are hardly any of those) because of a bladder condition.
grannyed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mr&mrssmith
Excited about Disney

mr&mrssmith's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
If it's sweet and a carb then it's a no go 😂 But I'm doing the diet that allows me to still enjoy my weekly takeaway 👍 Thanks to a stepper at home and Fitbit

If you're on Facebook there's a few great low carb recipe groups x

Edited at 07:36 PM.
mr&mrssmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

My general rule is to have 1-2 pieces of fruit per day. I normally have an apple , sometimes a banana. Plenty of veg, seeds, some nuts and meat, oh and avocados.

Today's food list was
Protein shake with almond milk at 5.30am before gym.
Scrambled egg and salmon
Lunch was spinach leaves with olives, a little cheese and some raisins, and sunflower seeds.
Snack was apple with peanut butter.
Evening meal was homemade Thai curry with chucken. Instead of rice I had kale chips
Old 20 May 16, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If your low carbing you should avoid fruit apart from berries, for an ideal low carb breakfast, bacon and eggs, personally I have fage full fat yogurt with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, I sprinkle linwoods milled flax

It all depends how low carb you want to go, I stick to 30g a day but I am LCHF which means I don't calorie count and eat copious amounts of fat, lots of above ground grown veg and salad, also lots of meat, I ignore saturated fat

Fat doesn't make you fat and eating fat does not effect cholesterol, it helps weight loss when low carbing because your never hungry with obvious effects

I am not a doctor nor nutritionist, what I believe I know comes from years of intense research due to diabetes, feel free to ignore me

Edit: visit dietdoctor a very useful website for info on low carb

Edited at 08:08 PM.
BoxOfFrogs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Originally Posted by BoxOfFrogs View Post
If your low carbing you should avoid fruit apart from berries, for an ideal low carb breakfast, bacon and eggs, personally I have fage full fat yogurt with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, I sprinkle linwoods milled flax

It all depends how low carb you want to go, I stick to 30g a day but I am LCHF which means I don't calorie count and eat copious amounts of fat, lots of above ground grown veg and salad, also lots of meat, I ignore saturated fat

Fat doesn't make you fat and eating fat does not effect cholesterol, it helps weight loss when low carbing because your never hungry with obvious effects

I am not a doctor nor nutritionist, what I believe I know comes from years of intense research due to diabetes, feel free to ignore me

Edit: visit dietdoctor a very useful website for info on low carb
When I'm doing low carb (fell off the wagon last weekend and haven't got back on yet!), this is what I do too.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have cut potatoes pasta and bread completely and with an increase in exercise I've lost 10lbs my summer clothes nearly fit yipeee!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post

I love carbs too much to cut them out,and ive lost 4 and half stone in 8 months with slimming world.
Old 20 May 16, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Awesome Christina great job

Low carb diets in every trial ever done has out performed low calorie but hey if it works then it works
Old 20 May 16, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post

[QUOTE=BoxOfFrogs;11624947]Awesome Christina great job

Low carb diets in every trial ever done has out performed low calorie but hey if it works then it works [/QUOTE
Thank you
Old 20 May 16, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Breakfast cereals are a nightmare. I stick with Shredded Wheat. I stopped all bread - brown or white and often for lunch have a wholemeal pitta with dips like salsa or the brilliant one from M&S - pea and mint - really low carb content.

Edited at 08:50 PM.
Closed Thread