Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 May 16, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

:) A Wombat’s Solo Trip around WDW 06 May 2016 Day 1- Travel and Art of Animation

This is my first solo trip and first trip report.
I am Wombat Girl (Clare) and here is my t-shirt I wore around Disney.

I flew from Newcastle with Thompsons from Newcastle airport to Sanford Airport and my flight was at 10.25 and I arrived at the airport around 7.30.
Checked my bag in and went through security with no problems (I usually set the alarm off or get picked for the random extra pat down).
My plane was called Neil and was a Dreamliner.

After finding my seat and settling down the dreaded announcement came over the tannoy “ we are having problems with the entertainment and it may not be running during this flight. We thought we would take off on time with this problem than delaying the flight”. However 30 minutes into the flight the air hostess gave out free headphones (the 2 prong connector type) and they tried to restart the entertainment and it worked (smile) I have never been so happy. I played with the window by turning it to dark as the sun was in our eyes (clever colour change windows). I started to watch the Arrow Box set and got slightly annoyed when I found only the first episode.
By this time it was lunch, which was very tasty.

After lunch I settled to watch the Wolverine and it was not to my taste. Then a comedy film spy which had badly edited sound so a swear word came out as blimey and ruined the film. Time for a quick snack – the sandwich was not tasty and I left that.
I just had time to watch a couple of big bang theory’s before it was time to land late around 2.00.
I had about a 20 min wait at immigration and because I admitted to my Cereal, Potato Chips and Candy my luggage had to be re-scanned, however the guard said do not tick food if you only have Candy. The re-scan took 2 minutes as there was a slight queue.

I got straight on my Thomson bus (Mears) and I found out my pick up on the last day was very early 5 hours before departure. On the bus journey the Thomson Rep tried to sell us mosquito bands for $5 stating there are a lot of them in Orlando and did not like it when I said I have been to WDW many times and never been bitten onsite.

I have done an online check in – so my check in to AOA took no time at all. The walk to my mermaid room took around 10 minutes and I was on the 3rd floor even though I had asked for top floor and it was overlooking the pool.
It was 5.30 by this time and I was hungry so I walked to the food hall. I picked up my refillable mug and got a nice salad as my first quick service meal and made a skype call to my family to let them know I had arrived safely.

I looked for some milk, as I would have my cereal in my room most days. I found a strange pricing of milk for a small carton $2.49 1/3 pint and the big one 1.5 litres $3.46. The rest of the evening I just chilled and unpacked/ put my magic band sticker on to my magic band.

and went to sleep around 11.
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Heli
Getting Excited

Sounds like a relitivly smooth travel day I love your magic band sticker!
Heli is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Wha a fab travel day. Glad they got the entertainment fixed for your flight! Can't wait to read the rest!

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Your magic band sticker is fab 🖒 looking forward to reading more 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Your t-shirt is great. I read your pre-trip report and have been wondering how you got on. I'd love to do a solo trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Reading along x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 04:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Great read!
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day, love AOA
candycat75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

Subscribed... solo trips are great,have my second one this year
Old 11 Jul 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nice travel day