Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 May 16, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

:) A Wombat’s Solo Trip around WDW 09 May 2016 Day 4- rest day Disney Springs / Hollywood Studios

I had pre booked FP’s for the evening in Hollywood studios so I had a later start and decided to have breakfast in my food court. I had the Oatmeal with brown sugar and raisons OOP for $2.69 and had a drink of hot chocolate in my refillable mug then washed it a refilled with root beer for a change. I had play in the little mermaid pool for around 30 minutes, the water was nice and warm. I got changed and went for the bus to Disney Springs. Disney springs was fairly quiet I wondered around the shops until I was hungry and went to Earl of Sandwich and had a ham and cheese sandwich, a fruit cup and a drink. I was happy to find they have cherry coke (one of my favourites),which I could not get in my hotel or in the parks.

I had another short shop and went back to the hotel but had a nightmare journey as our bus got stuck in the road works around Disney Springs and it took 45 minutes to get back when it should have been 15 minutes. I decided it was time for a snack credit and I found the ice cream in my hotel one snack credit gave me 2 scoops of Pistachio and 2 scoops of honey and almond. This ice cream was one of the best I have had in a long time and I hope they have it in Coronado Springs when I go later this year with the family.

I finished my ice cream (sorry no picture) and Skype called my family and had a nap. I had a Pizza meal in my hotel and took a drink from the meal along to Hollywood Studio, there was a long wait for the bus we saw all the other park busses before ours arrived. I arrived in time for my FP for Frozen Sing along which was a lot better than I expected and was funny.

My next FP for Toy story was next and I got 99650 points. It was 7.15 by now and my next FP for Star Tours was not until 9.00 so I decided to walk over as it seemed to have a 5 minute queue on My MDE. In the cue I changed my FP choice from Star Tours to Tower Of Terror @ 7.55. I enjoyed Star tours and walked over to TOT which again, I did not need, as the queue was very low. I really enjoyed TOT.

I had 1hr 15 until the fireworks, as it was warm and a rest day I decided to go back to the wall from the previous night. When I got there I found an older couple sitting on the wall as well. We got chatting and I found they had come from Maine and were DVC members, and they had come down mainly to see the Garden Festival. I advised them the fireworks were good and we chatted until the cast member moved us off the wall and I showed the couple where to stand. I then met another family from Alberta who had taken 19 hours to drive down to Florida.

After the again wonderful fireworks I guided the couple through the shops and to the bus stop quickly which they appreciated and we said goodbye. I managed to get on the first bus and went back to the hotel and had a relatively early night.
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Really enjoyed your report so far! I love the idea of solo travelling but never quite managed it. Although reading this makes me think I might manage to do the rides and shows that my family don't want, by myself (I can be quite self conscious). 😊
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Day 4 for solo readers
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day
Old 12 Jul 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

That was really nice of you to help the couple you met find their way out. I hope I meet someone as helpful as you when I go!

You have got very lucky with queues and fastpasses - I am amazed at how many rides you are getting done.

Any top tips for those high scores on Toy Story?

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List