Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 31 May 16, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Preregistering for ssr/okw

What's the actual process when you call?

& then what's the next step to guarantee booking?
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
You go through the booking process as normal when you call, I asked for a quote first.

I have been told I should get confirmation about 11 months before my return date but I have heard nothing yet and it should have been the end of last week so I am sitting here with my fingers crossed!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

I spoke to disney on the phone today re this - they said there shouldnt be a problem getting what you have pre registered for, and if so they will work with you for an alternative...same deposit as usual etc
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

I don't think there is anything you can do to "guarantee booking". Other than book early. When you pre-register they essentially hold you in a queue. When "actual booking" opens, all the pre-bookings will go in to the system (as if they were being made that day, if you like) and that will be done in the order that the pre-bookings were made. The earlier you book, the higher up the list you will be.

Since both OKW and SSR have generally had some availability at very short notice, anyone who is booking greater than 11 moths in advance is highly unlikely to not get what they want. Remember that everyone else is having to pre-book too. Its not like you're being held back whilst all the rooms are filling up.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
bigdreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Can someone explain the pre registering to me? We booked OKW last year online through Disney for this year at 13months out and got a confirmation straight away, I was unaware of pre registering. Thankyou
bigdreams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 16, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by bigdreams View Post
Can someone explain the pre registering to me? We booked OKW last year online through Disney for this year at 13months out and got a confirmation straight away, I was unaware of pre registering. Thankyou
When I did my pre-registration this year for OKW the man told me that it has always just been a pre-registration even though they sent out booking confirmations in previous years but Disney were being more transparent this year.

I am not that happy about it as I am waiting for some hospital diagnosis which may or may not cause me issues with next years trip. My insurance company have said that as long as I have a confirmed booking before the diagnosis they will cover me.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 16, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi. I did this and received confirmation at 330 days out from date of return. WDTC emailed me the confirmation of pre- registering at 330 days which is what the staff member said. Lots of re-assurances on pre-registering that there would be availability and as previously said Disney will work with you to find a solution 😊
Old 1 Jun 16, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I am now at 322 from return so will have to all them tomorrow as I need confirmation asap.
Old 1 Jun 16, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingroland
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bella1 View Post
I am now at 322 from return so will have to all them tomorrow as I need confirmation asap.
Can you not just book a different hotel then contact Disney and change it next month etc?
Kingroland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 16, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Kingroland View Post
Can you not just book a different hotel then contact Disney and change it next month etc?
I was contemplating that but I got my confirmation today so pressure is now off and training is now underway as we are going for a runDisney event.
Closed Thread