Notices

Old 30 Jun 16, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Day 6 Epcot Narcoossee's Live(ish) Taking The Grandparents This Time June 2016

A long lie was planned for this morning after our lateish night at Hollywood Studios. Derek and I woke around 9 ish with Murray not far behind but Katie still snored her head off until 10am. We headed to the Boardwalk with Mum and Dad and picked up some muffins and pastries at Boardwalk bakery, eating them out on the deck at a lovely spot.

Mum and Katie used the photo booth.

We headed to Epcot after this as I had fast passes for test track. Tiana was near the entrance with no queue, so beautiful but Katie didn't want to meet her so Mum and I met her instead, she told us to go try some beignets

We had a wander round the UK to cool off in the air con in the shops.

We walked round to Test track and we were quickly at the design studio entrance. We were allocated two people per design station so we were racing three car designs which we were excited about as we have always been allocated three per station before. The technology didn't work in the ride however and we saw results for completely different designs. I mentioned to a CM but they said it was happening to everyone and we could still see our results at the end.

Murray's car came first out of our three designs and he was also on the leaderboard.

The kids played for a while in the car area, this is a good place to come if you are looking for shade and downtime with kids.

Next we had mission space fast passes and the kids wanted to ride green, I really don't like green so Dad went on with them and Mum, Derek and I sat it out in the air con, I had a shot of the game here and my team won!

When the kids came off Katie was feeling really ropey, the green had been too much for her. We had fast passes at the character spot but she just wanted to head home. We all decided to split up and Derek took Katie back to the hotel, Mum and Dad decided to take a walk round world showcase and I stayed with Murray.

Murray and I headed for the innoventions area for a nosey. We did the colortopia thing, (tip don't queue for this but if it's ready to enter like it was for us then it's okay to get out the sun) We also raced each other at the game in the storm bit and played the electronic games in here, there is also a bit using electron microscopes which was right up Murray's street.

We weren't quite at the time to meet the characters so popped into Starbucks for a large coffee and iced water. We wandered round to see the characters but we were not allowed in with our drinks. Murray said he was happy not going in and really wanted to do a phineas and ferb mission instead so we headed to Mexico after signing up on the way.

Before this we also pipped into club cool to taste the drinks having always thought this was only a shop, some of the fruity flavours were nice, the Beverly was disgusting.

What does this face convey? I think that was the watermelon one, I didn't manage to capture the Beverly face but it was very funny.

At Mexico Murray started his Phineas and Ferb mission, you can do this on your phone now which is good so you don't need to remember to hand the device back. Once our mission was complete we went for nachos and churros at La Cantina de San Angel Excellent value quick service in my opinion, you get a very large portion and they were very tasty.

As we came to America there was a back alley leading out of the park to a back stage area and it was full of characters. We just stumbled upon it at the right time, possibly new recruit training? Murray managed to meet Pluto, rafiki and these guys who are familiar but I'm not entirely sure who they are, put me out of my misery someone?

The Bears from country bear jamboree Murray thinks?

We jumped into the American adventure for a seat and cool down, by far the best air con in world showcase, then headed round to the hotel. Derek and Katie had just had some down time in the hotel room after an icecream in France and she was feeling much better.

To be continued with our meal at Narcoossees.

Forgot to say we also saw these guys in France, very entertaining, I love the street performers in World showcase and this was one we hadn't seen before.

Mum and Dad had enjoyed their walk around world showcase too popping into some of the film shows and exploring the shops. The rain started hammering down not long after we reached the hotel, we made it just in time but meant no pool fun before dinner, just relaxing in the room with feet up for a bit.

We had a 7.45 booking in Narcoossees, we took the bus to Magic kingdom which got us there at 7.30, but my mistake I thought we were only one stop along the monorail to the Grand Floridian but the resort monorail goes the other way so we had three stops before we could get off. We would have been much quicker getting the little boat, hind sight is a wonderful thing. We arrived at 7.50 but I had phoned ahead from the monorail station to let them know we would be later than planned.

Some pics from the monorail.

The setting for the Restuarant is beautiful, not a large waiting area but you are able to go out on the deck to admire the view. We had a 35 minute wait for our table, Derek was starting to get impatient but I told him it would be worth waiting for.

We had a lovely table with a view of the castle, being 45mins later to sit down than planned we were likely to be there for wishes so I was happy.

Our waitress was lovely, we had warm bread for the table which was delicious.

Katie order the kids steak, Murray ordered kids grilled prawns and all the adults had scallops, it was just what we all fancied and knowing that we were going to the Yachtsman on Thursday we resisted ordering the filet mignon.

Katie's very generous sized steak.

Murray's prawns which he said had a funny taste and when Derek tried he had to agree, we asked the waitress and she thought it may be the iodine? She swapped it for a kids steak no problem.

Pan-seared Georges Bank Day Boat Scallops - Trofie Pasta with Sultana Raisins, Marcona Almonds, and Herb Creme with Grilled Wild Mushrooms, Lemon-Thyme-Mustard Jus, and Arugula. What can I say, this was amazing, we all thought it was out of this world and plates were completely cleared, so so tasty we thoroughly enjoyed it.

For dessert Dad had Almond-crusted Cheesecake - with Lambert Cherry Sauce

Mum had Coconut and Chocolate Creme Brulee - Layered Coconut and Chocolate with Whipped Chantilly Cream and Toasted Coconut

I had the artisanal cheeses.

Derek didn't fancy any of the desserts so the waitress offered to make him icecream and fruit

Katie had the Nemo cupcake, we couldn't keep from laughing at how huge this was and how much it was right up her street, the whole lot was scoffed, just look at how lovely the design is in the plate, the fish are chocolate.

Dessert was enjoyed while wishes music was piped into the restaurant and the fireworks were exploding in view, just perfect.

View from inside.

Derek went outside to get some photos from the deck.

A lovely end to a beautiful meal. We headed back to the Magic Kingdom bus stop by taking the water taxi from the boat dock right outside the restaurant.

The boat trip gave us s lovely view of the restaurant and the hotels, the boat stops at the Polynesian first and we were able to get a good look at the bungalows.

Not a great pic but gives an idea of them, maybe one day, if you can dream it you can do it?

Back at the bus stop we didn't have too long to wait for a bus to the Yacht club, the queue for the ferry boat was enormous and I felt very privileged to be able to get home without that particular long trip home. We were home by 11.15. I had a very early start in the morning for the Keys to the Kingdom Tour so with the alarm set for 6.45! we hit our beds.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachel1
Imagineer

Mobile

Enjoying your reports- looking to start mine on travel day tomorrow!

Rachel x

2016 Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=29250
Rachel1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 04:23 AM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rachel1 View Post
Enjoying your reports- looking to start mine on travel day tomorrow!
Thanks, have a great time, I'll look out for your report!

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 05:07 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 1 Jul 16 5:07 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Your meal at Narcoossee's looked beautiful! Just how I remember, I can't wait to go back.

Did your mum and Dad enjoy the showcase?

We never tried the Beverley stuff, but have made a note to do that too next year.

Another lovely report to read while having my morning cuppa! Thank you!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Aww lovely pictures. I don't know what's wrong with me this morning but those photo booth pictures of your little girl and her grandma made me a bit tearful. My children have never had that. Thanks for sharing.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Another fantastic day.
Being a little late for the restaurant definately worked out with you being to enjoy wishes there... have a fantastic day doing the your today and look forward to reading all about it
Sam
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Another wonderful day. Poor Katie that's a horrible feeling. I ducked out of mission space at the last moment cos I thought I'd feel sick. Your mum and dad look to be thoroughly enjoying themselves.😊
Old 1 Jul 16, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Brilliant, I've been toying with Cali grill or narcoossees for something different for wishes. This looks perfect.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I'm glad Katie perked up after some downtime, poor soul. I loved the look of your nachos, such a big portion, perfect for sharing. We loved Narcoosees, the food and service were just so brilliant, I can't wait to go back.