Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jul 16, 04:07 AM  
Link to this Post
hils
Excited about Disney

Ingrowing toenail

A week into our holiday and my 15 year old son has an ingrowing toenail. He has said it has been sore all week he just told me yesterday but tonight he really is in a lot of pain. Anybody got any suggestions? Or even where I could go?
hils is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Book a chiropodist appointment, they very helpful
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
maximusisfunny
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

If you cannot get professional help and the nail is just becoming ingrown, try this.

Soak a tiny bit of cotton wool in tea tree oil and force it under the ingrown nail to raise it up. It is very painful to do but will encourage the nail to grow out of the skin. Keep changing the cotton wool every day or so. The tea tree oil will help to prevent infection.

Good luck.
maximusisfunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Amylouisedxo
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I had one and it was so painful! Eventually I had it taken out properly but for now he will have to grin and bare it! I used to cut mine straight across and pull it out at the side where it hurt! Wasn't pleasant and it would bleed but it took some of the pressure off x
Amylouisedxo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I suffered with them for years and had numerous surgeries until finally having the sides permanently removed and the nail bed killed. Can he dig it out to relieve the pain until you get home?
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Ds1 has suffered with this until he had one toenail op three years ago and then the other one done a few weeks ago. As others have said, try cutting straight across the nail, also you could try cutting a wedge in the middle of the nail (v shape) and this can release the pressure.
I'm not sure if you're at Disney or not, but ds had problems one year while we we in hs, dh took him to first aid and they had something that he says looked like a mini surgeons kit and they sorted it so well so that he went without any problems for the rest of the holiday!

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Try cutting a small v into the nail. I have found this Waite successful.
Old 2 Jul 16, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
hils
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the suggestions. Just need to do something you help a bit until we get home. Thanks
hils is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
SOak the offending foot in hot water with epsom salts in, will draw out any infection

2016 - Orlando - Town Center Villa
2017 - Rotonda West, Gulf Coast
2017 Nov - New York
2018 - Bradenton, Gulf Coast
2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I had this last holiday in San Diego. Performed some DIY toe re-engineering with antiseptic cream and clippers from Walgreens. Helped, but not recommended...
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread