Notices

Old 25 Jul 16, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

The No Shopping Shopping Holiday July 2016 - Day 7 Universal And IOA

Today was our last day at the parks, I can't believe how quickly the holiday has gone! We decided to not do a full breakfast today and just grab something light on the way in. Crowds were huge! I don't really know what to suggest for weekends as everywhere is just heaving! It must have taken at least 30 mins to get through security especially now they have the airport style which slows everything down significantly! This was the crowd volume at 8.30am!

We hit Starbucks for coffee and a breakfast snack and decided our plan of attack, we set ourselves queue limits of 60 mins given it was the weekend with the exception of Kong where we all agreed we would allow up to a 90 min queue given this was our last day!

Yummy!

We started IOA side and decided to go clockwise around the park

First up was Spider-Man, as the park had literally just opened they didn't have single rider open yet so we queued, it was about 20 mins in total. It is a good ride, but we all agreed since the new 3D rides had opened it was starting to feel a little dated now... especially inside - those donuts are looking rather grey!

As we approached Kong the queue was at 90 mins, this was acceptable ;-) so we joined the adventure!

The theming second time round is just as disappointing, it's as if they rushed this part and there is literally nothing to keep you entertained while you wait. I wonder if when the film is launched they will have tv screens up - they definitely need something IMO

It's a shame as the entrance looks spectacular (and so is the ride btw!)

We made it on in 70 mins, it actually would have been about 55 mins but there was 'technical difficulties' part way through queuing. I've noticed this a lot on this holiday, most rides have experienced some sort of delays which is frustrating!
Second time round and I have to say this has risen to my favourite ride of the holiday, it is awesome and I love Kong! He is definitely 'Friend' not 'Foe' to me!

Next up we wanted to go back to meet Rose! This only opened last time we were here and it's a very fun photo attraction. They volunteer to use your phone / camera and are not pushy at all about the 'official' photos. It is very funny to watch the smaller kids as the dinosaur interacts with each group. I'd really recommend this to you if you have time - it's a little hidden and I think that's why the queues are small. We only waited about 10 mins

We had no rain at all today and the sky was beautiful, looks very impressive as you walk into the Harry Potter area. We wanted to catch the train back to Universal. It is a different experience there and back so another recommendation to ride the train both ways

Zander really wanted to have tacos for lunch so after doing Grengotts single rider and men in black single rider (both about 10 mins) we walked to the Simpsons area to get lunch. One thing about single rider, whilst they say you will get split up we found probably 50% of the time at least 2 of the 4 of us would be together on rides. It's definitely a good way to achieve more if you have older children / in a couple

Jez brought what he thought was a small apple fritter donut and it was huge! Enough for 4! Suitable full we hit Simpsons ride - it was about a 40 min queue

It was a long day already so we decided to watch fear factor, I haven't done this for many years and it was a fun way to spend 30 mins in the shade. It's a bit like 'I'm a celebrity' with the challenges involving eating horrible things and getting sprayed with water whilst being dangled at great heights! They do auditions for each show 70 mins before it starts! We were of course happy to just watch - and rest our feet!

We wanted one last go on transformers and did single rider, it's another awesome ride and very clever!

Initially we had booked tonight at Roccos Tacos but given we had now been in the park for 9 hours! Can you believe that! We decided we would eat here and Zander suggested Hard Rock. Then we could have a relaxing evening, I managed to change the booking to tomorrow (using OpenTable) so that was sorted!

Out of all the themed restaurants I do think compared to rain forest / planet Hollywood this is one of the better ones, we do normally come here and the food is really good and I don't think that over priced as the others! We all had burgers / sandwiches and including drinks it was $92

There is an awesome new chocolate / dessert restaurant opening soon next door (where the nba basketball cafe was), it looks pretty spectacular from outside! It's a shame it wasn't open, but of course something to look forward to next time!

I thought I would share the purchases for today! We like to do our washing before we come home so it makes it not as depressing! And Zander wanted this pig! It actually makes an oink noise when you squeeze it! I've warned him it won't seem as funny on a 4 hour ride to Miami on Tuesday lol!
So that's it, the parks are done! Tomorrow is all about the shopping (yipppeeee) and in the evening we are back for a new adventure at Escapology which everyone is super excited about! I hope tomorrow's report will be more exciting for some of you ;-) until then... Debs xx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 25 Jul 16 1:52 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Looks great Nice to have good weather for the day! I can't wait to read tomorrow mornings report Happy shopping
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Bet those burgers went down well Debs after a long day in the park... I would've been pulling my hair out waiting to get in alone 30 minutes... wow we walked straight through most days in April...great you got to ride Kong again and enjoyed it.
Love today's purchases lol ... look forward to seeing the real deal tomorrow morning when I catch up though ...have a great day
Sam X
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like the queues weren't too bad then today. We're at universal right at the end of our trip, 2-4 September, with folp so hoping we don't have to queue much in the heat.

Enjoy your shopping day.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Another great day. The blue skies over Hogwarts looked so lovely. It made me yearn to be back in Orlando. Enjoy your shopping day!
Old 25 Jul 16, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day Debs, 9 hours in the park...wow..I am super impressed cant wait for tomorrow hope you have had a great day.
Angela xx
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A very busy park day

Joan
Old 25 Jul 16, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

You got loads done in your epic 9 hours in the park. The Hard Rock is probably our favourite of those types of restaurants too. I'm so looking forward to your shopping day, can't wait to see your bargains. Have a great day.
Old 25 Jul 16, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by codym View Post
Looks great Nice to have good weather for the day! I can't wait to read tomorrow mornings report Happy shopping
The day has finally arrived - I am refreshed and ready to hunt some bargains

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Bet those burgers went down well Debs after a long day in the park... I would've been pulling my hair out waiting to get in alone 30 minutes... wow we walked straight through most days in April...great you got to ride Kong again and enjoyed it.
Love today's purchases lol ... look forward to seeing the real deal tomorrow morning when I catch up though ...have a great day
Sam X
Hey Sam - I am excited that the day is finally here, I can't believe I haven't hit the I.Drive outlets until our last day!

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Sounds like the queues weren't too bad then today. We're at universal right at the end of our trip, 2-4 September, with folp so hoping we don't have to queue much in the heat.

Enjoy your shopping day.
I think you will find it a lot less hectic then - fingers crossed for you! xx

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
Another great day. The blue skies over Hogwarts looked so lovely. It made me yearn to be back in Orlando. Enjoy your shopping day!
It was a beautiful day yesterday... but today will be even better LOL xx

Originally Posted by pretty71 View Post
Another great day Debs, 9 hours in the park...wow..I am super impressed cant wait for tomorrow hope you have had a great day.
Angela xx
Angela, I don't think my feet have every walked so far in a day - well maybe that trip where I did all 3 outlets / shopping centres to find 'Rhea' LOL xx

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A very busy park day

Joan
Even though it was super busy we still managed to pack a lot in! xx

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
You got loads done in your epic 9 hours in the park. The Hard Rock is probably our favourite of those types of restaurants too. I'm so looking forward to your shopping day, can't wait to see your bargains. Have a great day.
The day is here and I am raring to go - just need everyone else up and ready now... hurry up! xx
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List