Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Aug 16, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
SeaVenture at Discovery Cove

inline imageEpisode 4 of theDIBB tour of the four SeaWorld parks takes me to SeaVenture at Discovery Cove.

Discovery Cove is such a tranquil and luxurious haven away from the hustle and bustle of regular theme parks. It is always a day I look forward to while out in Orlando.

This was my 5th visit to Discovery Cove and it was my second time diving at SeaVenture. I last tried it when SeaVenture was added along with the Great Reef back in 2011. It was interesting to see how things had changed and improved over the last 5 years.

I spent many years scuba diving way back in the 90's and although it seems like a lifetime ago it brought back great memories of the time I spent diving in the Caribbean and the Florida Keys. You have an abundance of fish as well as other marine invertebrates to see. Some are behind glass to protect the public and also the animals themselves.

You start off in the registration cabana area where you sign a disclaimer and then move off to the orientation cabana to gain instructions and watch a short video. Then onto the dive area where you will be lined up in family groups so you will stay together underwater. As I was on my own I fitted in between 2 families.

The breathing apparatus are all lined up in order and you are called forward to enter the water. They then put on the helmet. It isn't heavy as once under water it just gives a little weight to keep you down.

The following video will show you more...

SeaVenture is a fantastic way of enhancing your day at Discovery Cove. There isn't anything else like it in Orlando and it is a great experience that I am sure you will talk about for years. I really enjoyed it and thought the whole thing was amazing. But as my wife said in some of the video I obviously forgot to tell my face that The reserved British face I call it

Ep1 - Mako
Ep2 - Cobra's Curse
Ep3 - SeaWorld Rescue
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seaventure-discovery-cove.jpg
Views:	88316
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	63648  
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Looks fantastic

Think my OH might like this xx
dreamcatcher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
princess annie
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We did the SeaVenture last October when we visited Discovery Cove for the first time - it was a truly amazing experience and I would definitely recommend it!
Old 17 Aug 16, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We've done it and I was very unsure to say the least but absolutely loved it we wanted to stay down longer
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

Random question, do you get water in your ears doing this? We will be doing a DC day and Mrs Penguin would love to do this but can't get water in her ears.
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
No you don't. If you did then your mouth and nose would be underwater and that would not be good
Old 19 Aug 16, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you so much for the report and video it looks amazing !
Twinklestar1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post

I have booked this for when we go to DC on 16th of April 2017! I am so excited! I am taking an action cam (like go pro with out the price tag) and was wondering how long the experience is and how deep we go?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I've booked this as one of the presents for OH's countdown. He opened the present last week and was so excited. Absolutely loved your video!

I have to say, I am now quite scared about the interaction thing. What on earth was that, you first held? The legs on that terrify me!?
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by agmorris2 View Post
was wondering how long the experience is and how deep we go?
30 minutes dive time (as it says in the video ) and the depth is about 12ft at the deepest point. So imagine standing at the bottom of your local swimming pool diving area and that is about it.