Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Aug 16, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens

inline imageEpisode 5 of the SeaWorld parks tour takes us back to Busch Gardens in Tampa to ride Falcon's Fury.

I must admit I wasn't filled with joy at the thought of riding this at first. Being dropped from a great height face down without a parachute doesn't fit naturally into the self preservation mode we all have inside us. But I am always up for trying new things so with self preservation mode turned off I did it. Twice in fact.

Busch Gardens had arranged for me to ride this before the park opened to guests and also provided a videographer to film my reaction on the ride. My face says it all. I don't think my daughter has stopped laughing yet and she has shown all her friends too.

I was taken on the first ride with Mark Rose, Senior Vice President of Design and Engineering at Busch Gardens, who you might remember from the Cobra's Curse video. Mark is a senior engineering designer at Busch Gardens and has been working on the rides and theming of the park for 35 years.

He explained to me that they gave the whole area a makeover when they built Falcon's Fury. Updating the food outlets and stores and changing the name to Pantopia.

Onto the ride itself. There is the obligatory "test the seat to see if you fit" along with the ride regulations.

The seats are in groups of 4 and pivot backwards (yellow control gear in the picture) at the top to face you straight down to the ground.

It was at that point that my face showed the full extent of the force of gravity trying to push my, not so light, body through the shoulder restraints. You are he'd at this point for a few seconds just to take in the fact that you will be hurtling towards the ground at any second. Remember that self preservation mode I had switched off. I was beginning to think about turning it back on at that point!

I won't spoil things by describing what the drop was like. Watch the video and you can clearly see

The first ride there were there of us on the ride but for my second go I was the only one on the whole thing.

Clearly more composed the second time but the sheer force seemed to play tricks with my face. I don't normally look this weird. Well maybe I do but thanks for not mentioning it before.

Ep1 - Mako
Ep2 - Cobra's Curse
Ep3 - SeaWorld Rescue
Ep4 - SeaVenture at Discovery Cove
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Falcons-Fury.jpg
Views:	78239
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	63654  
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

You are a brave man... I don't think you could even pay me to go on this!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

I absolutely love this ride, couldn't ride it enough.
Old 24 Aug 16, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
You are way braver than me...OH went on it a few times in April ...I still had a crick in my neck in May from watching him go up to the top each time... loving this series of videos you are doing at the minute...most of the others I've wanted to go on ... this one though is still a no!
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Can I have your job please if you ever think of doing something else? I'm being serious by the way
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Love this ride
Old 25 Aug 16, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Fifimouse
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Fifimouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Fair play I couldn't have gone twice! I enjoyed Falcon ' s Fury but remember being at the top waiting for the drop and thinking what am I doing up here! !
Old 25 Aug 16, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

Ha aw this is brilliant ! I really hope I can muster up the courage to get on this and Sheikra this trip I always seem to chicken out last minute!
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ljbojangles
Imagineer

ljbojangles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I absolutely love this ride! I wish we had done it more
Orlando 1995 - 1998 - 2000 - 2007 - 2009 - 2015
ljbojangles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 16, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

I wish we could have gone on it more. It broke down after 2 rides and stayed down for ages. We gave up waiting.

If you want an extra thrill don't hold on, instead put your legs and arms directly out in front of you
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List