Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Sep 16, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Serengeti Safari at Busch Gardens

inline imageEpisode 8 in theDIBB SeaWorld Parks tour revisits Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay and the much loved Serengeti Safari.

I have seen a lot of posts from members on how much they loved getting up close to the animals at Busch Gardens and the safari is no exception to this. You even get the chance to hand feed giraffe on the tour.

There is a dedicated loading area for the safari trucks where your safari tour guide will load you onto the back of the flat bed truck. There are no seats so you are free to move around the truck to get the best photo opportunities. It can get a bit bumpy in places so you will be told when you are moving off so you can hold on. When the truck stops you can then move around again.

As you leave the loading dock you will cross a cattle grid to get into the reserve and onto the safari trail.

My personal tour guide was called J.J. He was a great guy that explained many things about the animals on the tour. From where they came from and the differences between the sexes and the sub species of the different animals.

Just to show you how close you can get to the animals, these are a few images taken from the truck.

J.J. pointed out the Zebra they have on the safari at Busch Gardens are Grant’s zebras. They are the smallest zebra at around four and a half feet tall and actually have the stripes all the way down their legs to their hooves.

There are plenty of animals to see from the savannahs of Africa on the tour. From Rhino to Antelope, Ostrich and of course the much loved giraffe.

Hand feeding giraffe was an experience to remember. They love lettuce and the truck carries plenty for all to have a go at feeding them. The giraffe don't mind getting in your face as long as you have their lettuce. They will use their enormous tongues to try and get it out of your hand before you know it.

Some of them even like a neck rub...

And of course they will pose for a selfie for your favourite social media page

Just as long as you have lettuce of course

If you take a look at the short video below you can see the highlights of the safari.

I am really pleased that I went on the Serengeti Safari at Busch Gardens as it wasn't something I had tried before. The highlight for me was feeding the giraffe. Giraffe are my daughters favourite animals and she was so jealous that I had done this. So if you are visiting Busch gardens make sure you book yourself (and your kids) on this and you won't regret it.

Ep1 - Mako
Ep2 - Cobra's Curse
Ep3 - SeaWorld Rescue
Ep4 - SeaVenture at Discovery Cove
Ep5 - Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens
Ep6 - Discovery Cove Dolphin Swim
Ep7 - Ihu's Breakaway Falls at Aquatica
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SS.jpg
Views:	61259
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	63675  
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Looks fantastic... my eldest daughter and her boyfriend did the safari whilst we were there in April and loved it... giraffes are her favourites too.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Cupcake's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This looks brilliant, i assume there is an additional cost for this?

Thanks

Edit to add, found the pricing, it's not too bad actually.

Edited at 11:01 AM.
Cupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
RubyTuesday
Excited about Disney

Wow--looks awesome, a definite for us for next year! Never been to Busch Gardens so that will be a first too
Old 14 Sep 16, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
gerryc
Imagineer

gerryc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We done ths for a surprise for our daughter in July, would do it early morning as it gets really hot out in the open, there is a photographer on board the truck wth you that takes individual or family pics of you feeding the giraffe which you can buy after the tour.

1995 Kissimmee, 1997 & 2000 international drive
2008 Calabay Park,2011,2014,2016,2017 Lake Buena vista. 2018 DLP, Las Vegas
gerryc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post

we have done this twice it is fantastic and great value for money
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by gerryc View Post
We done ths for a surprise for our daughter in July, would do it early morning as it gets really hot out in the open, there is a photographer on board the truck wth you that takes individual or family pics of you feeding the giraffe which you can buy after the tour.
Can you take your own camera (I assume/hope so!)
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
princess annie
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We have done this twice (as Giraffes are my favourite animals!) and loved it both times! I definitely recommend this as a great experience
Old 15 Sep 16, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Looks great and something the family would love to do ... just a pity that Busch Gardens don't have the animals in a better/quieter setting. Seeing and hearing the rollercoaster, screaming people and other rides day in/day out can't be great for them (when compared to Animal Kingdom and their Safari/Wild Africa Trek etc).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

This was excellent during my last visit. A real 'up close and personal' sort of experience, giraffe 'feeding' was great fun. The group photo of it is still on my wall 5 years on.
ratmanscoop is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List