Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
NYC, LA & Vegas - March 2017

I'm back with another pre trippy!

Cast..

Me – Abi
Hubby - Aaron
MIL - Laura

So I'm probably a bit premature with this trip being more than 7 months away, but I booked the flights today and I do find a pre trippy helps keep my planning up to date so here we go.

This will likely be our only big trip of 2017, as some of you know we have recently moved home, after waiting 8.5 months for it to all go through and due to a slightly (read much) bigger mortgage we do have to be more sensible with our money. Gone are the days of 3 transatlantic holidays in the space of 6 months .

Our initial idea for this trip was a return to Vegas, we took Laura for her 50th in 2015 and she really enjoyed it so was keen to go back. She was also happy to explore other places too, so we thought it would be a good idea to throw LA into the mix. We like the idea of showing her what we love about the theme parks with Disney & Universal and with it being pretty close to Vegas it seemed like a good fit. We knew 1 week wasn't going to be long enough to see both places properly, so we added a couple of extra days to make it a 9 day night trip.

We all booked the time off work last month and were only really waiting for our house move to complete before we booked the flights. The house move happened last Thursday (18th August) so the last couple of days I seriously started browsing flights. After re pricing Vegas flights for the millionth time, I decided to see what Thomas Cook had on offer for New York... £229.99 one way flights, with the same price coming back from Las Vegas! Tempting, very tempting! Could we do it, 3 cities in 9 nights? Probably not. So I added a day on the end & for good measure one at the beginning too!

Our trip was now going to be for 11 nights and was shaping up nicely in my head. 3 nights NYC, 3 nights LA, 5 nights Vegas. I just had to run it by Laura and Aaron last night who were both very keen. So this morning I booked! So very exciting!

Flights

We are flying Thomas Cook again, after flying with them in 2015 we were pretty happy with the flight overall, not so much the IFE or their manic check in but for £460 I can't pass it up! We will allow extra time at the airport and make sure our Ipads are nicely stocked with TV / Films to watch on the journey.

Man - JFK, 25th March 2017
LAS - MAN, 5th April 2017

Airport Parking

The only other thing I have secured so far is airport parking. I went to my inbox to check that my flight confirmation had come through & I had an email for 20% off Manchester parking. I tapped in our dates and for £41.99 managed to secure meet & greet T1, I also paid an additional £9.99 to cover all 3 of us through security fast pass. This may be a wasted £10 but after the chaos last time, it was worth the risk.

That's all for now, hotels will likely be sorted soon as I do like to have everything confirmed asap, then we can move onto plans, food, activities ect...!

Updates

UK Hotel
Internal Flights
Car Hire
New York Hotel
Anaheim Hotel
Vegas Hotel
NYC Explorer Pass
NYC Snack List
NYC Meals
Celine Dion Booked!
Anaheim/Disney Snack/Lunch list
California Meals
LA Hotel
Vegas Meals
Daily Plans Part 1
Daily Plans Part 2
Daily Plans Part 3
Universal - Scrapped from plan
New LA plans
Disney Tickets
MyVegas rewards
Hotel savings
Premium upgrade
Baby announcement

Edited at 03:39 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Great trip how exciting!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds fab!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Very jealous. This is over my 30th and been looking for something fab but cheap. Haha. As you know, we are in the process of moving too so limited options money wise!
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Great trip how exciting!
I know, 3 great places in one holiday! It should be amazing.

Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Sounds fab!
Thanks, It seems a lifetime away arm but will hopefully come around quite quickly!

Originally Posted by MrsB87 View Post
Very jealous. This is over my 30th and been looking for something fab but cheap. Haha. As you know, we are in the process of moving too so limited options money wise!
Thomas Cook have some great flight prices, some to Vegas are 199.99. Very tempting as hotels there are so cheap. We are having to save hard for this one, hubby will do a bit of overtime if he needs to but we should manage ok, the $ rate makes it harder though
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Sounds like another fab trip!

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 16, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by lovedisney89 View Post
Sounds like another fab trip!
Hopefully! It seems a lifetime away at the moment though!
Old 31 Aug 16, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Update: Internal flights booked!

I though I had better get our internal flight sorted pretty quickly while the prices were affordable. I used Skyscanner who brought Delta up as the cheapest but once I had added luggage to the equation JetBlue had better pricing and a better time. I have paid $159 per person, which includes a 23kilo luggage allowance, at todays rate that comes to approximately £120 give or take a couple of £.

We have gone for a flight out of JKK @ 3.59pm, landing in LAX at 7.30pm. Ideal really as we can have the full morning in NYC and then get to Anaheim in time for dinner.

Old 31 Aug 16, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Update: Anaheim hotel booked!

I have also secured our booking for our hotel in Anahiem. I have gone for the Ayres which we have stayed in before. It was a great hotel with the comfiest beds. The staff were really friendly too and the free breakfast was also a massive bonus! Its a couple of minutes from Disney and shuttles run every 30 minutes if I remember rightly at a daily cost of $5.

I have paid £771.00 for 2 rooms for 3 nights vie Expedia with £90 cashback. Its a booking that can be cancelled to so if for any reason we decide we don't want to visit Disney, I can swap our spare says for somewhere else.

Old 31 Aug 16, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Update: New York hotel booked!

Another hotel confirmed. I've gone for the Wyndam New Yorker, a popular choice with Dibbers. It's in a great spot & we have already enjoyed the Tick Tock diner that it's above so that's a plus.

I've booked with Travel Republic and paid £746 for 2 rooms for 3 nights. Its an amendable booking so I will keep my eye out for any better deals.