Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Aug 16, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CMFewkesHarrie View Post
On our trip in June for DDs 21st celebrations I had arranged a gift basket that included a Mickey head ballon. When we checked out of our hotel another family were just loading up their car and the little girl,looked to be around aged 7/8, was looking at it. DD asked her parents if she was allowed to give it to her and they said of course. She was delighted with it.

I did say as they were an American family and looked as if they were driving home, they may have been cursing her a few miles down the road! We all know how kids and balloons in cars can be!

We also had some snack credits left and were trying to use them up before midnight. We were in the bakery in Norway and paid for the snacks of the people behind us in the queue. They were a mum and her too young teens and they were so thankful. In fact as we were talking with them we decided we really didn't want the snacks we had bought and gave them to the young lad. His mum said that he had hollow legs ( as teen boys seem to have!) and he would have no problem devouring them! We really did not need them and glad they would be enjoyed by someone.

Also this trip we had eaten at Sanna and took our desserts to go. We were staying at The Gf and got the bus back to MK. When we arrived at the park we decided to go in for the last hour so passed our desserts on to the bus driver! He was very grateful and I'm sure our waistlines were even more grateful!

And yes karma goes around. When we returned our car to MCO I asked f there was a porter as there was just DD and myself and lots of luggage!
The porter was so nice and chatty and even stayed and waited at check in with us so he could put the bags onto the belt for us!
That's so nice. A really lovely thread and great examples of kind acts.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 04:16 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Wow, what a lovely thread.

We have been lucky and been on the recieving side of this. Once in longhorns the table next to us gave the waitress a $50 discount card for us, at first we where plain confused (probably seemed thouroughly ungreatfull) as we had never experienced this before! once it had sunk in we did go and thank them, (im just to used to scams and cons or people wanting something), it was a really nice thing for them to do and it added some magic.

At MK barbers a couples boys shared there candy floss with our son who took more then the lions share - it was a tad embarrasing but the parents where lovely (possibly happy that all that sugar wasnt going into ther boys!).

Next time we go im definetely gonna bear this in mind, most we have ever done is give the car hire attendants our leftover water bottles when returning the car, it was a blistering day and they where very greatfull.

Edited at 04:17 AM.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 05:06 AM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We gave our express passes away yesterday to a family who looked similar to us at universal at lunch time and let them enjoy both Parks for fast passes and hopefully it made their day a bit easier in the heat and beating the queues.
Old 28 Aug 16, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
M.poppins
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

What a lovely thread. We gave our desserts to a couple in MK late one evening and we bought dinner for an older couple in HS, they were really pleased as they had given their hotel vouchers to a young couple as they checked out.
We were once given a case of beer and a cooler by a family that were leaving at ASM. Oh and we always leave magazines and cans for mousekeeping. They told me that anything left is taken to their staff area and shared out😊

Edited at 06:57 AM.
M.poppins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
I was once asked by someone if we wanted them to pay for our QS meal on their credits. The meal was $12. They wanted $10 cash in return. I didn't consider this an act of kindness. More like someone trying to make money out of free DDP credits. So I said no.
The cheek!

I have heard of things like this - people "selling" strollers as they leave a park...reminds me of the sleazy blokes who used to stand outside Cockfosters station and try to get people to give/sell them their used travelcards...

A RAOK that I think sometimes gets forgotten:

Offer to share your table at busy restaurants. We are a small family, and sometimes at QS places there are only open tables for 4,6, etc...we've had lovely conversations with interesting people from all over the world just by saying, "You're welcome to sit with us, if you'd like."
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
We've given away the old paper fast passes to other guests back in the day, we'd received some on a previous day and wanted to pay it forward.

In 2012 at Dave & Busters, one lady gave DS a game card with $25 credit on it, and another gave him a huge wad of winning tokens (which probably would have taken around $25 of games to win).
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
toffiness
Very Serious Dibber

toffiness's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Last time we stayed at CBR and i had packed that much stuff for DD that by the end of the holiday she still had things that hadn't been played with or worn so i laid it out on a lounger by the pool and put a big sign with it saying for people to have them and make use of them. The pool was empty or i would have found people ti give them to. Hopefully some other little girl was happy
toffiness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread