Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 30 Aug 16, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday - Day Six - Pokemon hunting in Split

Another epic breakfast this morning - smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for me, and Nutella pancakes for the kids (again!) the waitress just brings them now, she just knows! The fresh orange juice is amazing, we really have eaten like kings here.

After breakfast we went to the beach - I finished my book, which I thought was really good (an island escape) we played catch the crabs in the sea, and also ball games. Then we had a quick lunch in the hotel, Bethany tried calamari again, and liked it this time! Brave girl. George had yet another pizza, with a fried egg on it, which seems to be a bit of a speciality here in Croatia.

More laziness followed, with a nap and some more crab catching, then we all got on the bus to Split, so we could enjoy the city at night and also so that Harry could go Pokemon hunting - there is a massive Pokestop in the city apparently! Bus was so cheap, £8 for all of us, and it's about 45 mins journey. Split is really so lovely we would love to come back again, maybe just the two of us!

We went into a fantasy shop, inside the palace, its booming thanks to the Game of Thrones shoots here in Split, they had an amazing dragon in the shop, and also lots of Harry Potter bits much to Bethany's delight, she got a snitch necklace.

We had a bit of dinner (yup, more Pizza and yes, wine too!) then we met up with Mijo, our guide from kayaking - he bought us an ice cream and took Harry to the famous Pokestop near a church, I could not believe how many people were there Pokemon hunting! Adults, kids and all staring at their phones! Crazy!

We saw some local dancing and Bethany bought a unicorn balloon then we got the bus home - big day tomorrow, we are
Zipwiring... God help me!

Edited at 09:18 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 16, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Split looks like a beautiful town.

Lovely food again!

Hope the zipwiring went well. I did it in Las Vegas (about 30min from the Strip) and said never again

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 16, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Thanks Mel, was amazing, a day to remember for sure!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 16, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Blondie1979
VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
Good for Bethany trying the calamari again
What another lovely day you have all had, Split looks a nice place to visit and I know Ryan and Charlotte would love the nutella pancakes as much as your kids do!
Old 8 Sep 16, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Blondie1979 View Post
Good for Bethany trying the calamari again
What another lovely day you have all had, Split looks a nice place to visit and I know Ryan and Charlotte would love the nutella pancakes as much as your kids do!
Thanks Anna! They basically lived on pizza and pancakes for ten days!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816