Notices

Old 28 Sep 16, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The One Where The Kids Are No Longer Kids - Day Two 02/09/16 I do, I do, I do...

3am and we are both wide awake! The predicted hurricane thankfully moved north of us but after having a well deserved coffee and shower we sat watching the most amazing storms from our eleventh floor huge windows. The storms started around 4:30 and lasted through until about 6am. I'm not a lover of thunder and lightning but this was mesmerising.

We all met in the lobby for 7:15 and made our way to Magic Kingdom. We grabbed 6 ponchos at the transportation center and as we boarded the monorail it finally felt real, despite the wind and the rain and grey sky it was still the most wonderful feeling ever. I kept telling myself that I am a grown woman and I shouldn't be struggling to fight back the tears, I tried to pull myself together but it didn't work! Never mind... there were a few other teary eyes as well from the 'kids'

As we wandered up an almost empty main street I grabbed a couple of 1st visit badges for the BF and GF and two other badges from a cast member, more about that below.
We stopped for the necessary poncho photos.

We made our way up and around the castle taking lots of photos but not many came out very well, we had camera lenses steaming up all the time. We ended up at Cinderella's fountain and waited for DD2 to pluck up the courage to ask her GF a very special question...
After the initial shock and blubbering she said yes and the whole thing was caught on video, it was perfect, the commotion attracted the attention of a few people and there were a lot of 'whoops' and clapping. A cast member even got his phone out to put the torch light on so the sun was shining on them both through the wind and rain. We all wish them a long and happy life together...

Hopefully after that surprise they are both able to pull themselves together to eat! We made our way back to Crystal Palace for breakfast. The food was amazing, as so many have said on here the breakfast lasagne is pretty special, sweet, gooey and crunchy all at the same time. I would eat here every day if I could, you'd have to roll me out eventually though if that happened!

The weather wasn't being kind to us but we had planned not to spend a full day in the park today due to the 3am early rise and we wanted to get some supplies from Wal-Mart in the afternoon, we wandered around Adventure land, handed in a phone we found in the loos, stopped at the Jungle cruise (after being spat on by the camel we had completely forgotten about) We had a fast pass for splash mountain, we kept our ponchos on this time as it was raining so hard. We had some fast passes booked in tomorrow land for buzz and spaceship earth (I didn't go on Spaceship Earth, I have a problem with my hips and lower spine and worried about getting in and out of the ride). The sun finally came out, we couldn't fit in lunch as we were still full from breakfast so compromised with ice cream instead!

We had a rest in the Carousel of Progress, I love this and hummed 'There's a great big beautiful tomorrow' for the rest of the day. I somehow managed to take a fire ant in with me and got bitten, they sting like crazy for about 20 minutes then wear off.

The sun made an appearance and we left MK around 3pm and headed off to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple of crates of water, snacks, pop-tarts (I know!), t-shirts, and bits and pieces to take home. We did plan to go back but that never actually happened.

We then went back to the hotel and cooled off a bit in the pool before going into Disney Springs for dinner, thinking back, we should have eaten in the hotel as we were all so tired and all we really wanted to do was sleep, but I kept thinking that we needed to adjust our body clocks and stay awake. We ummed and ahhed about where to eat and ended up at Portabella, this wasn't the greatest place I've ever eaten. I had the Salmon which was overcooked and had the texture of chicken, the kids all had pizzas which were tiny but we were all too tired to do anything but pay and go back to the hotel to sleep. I didn't even take food photos...

Old 28 Sep 16, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Chloeoeysmum - 28 Sep 16 7:48 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

What a great way to start the day! Have just booked CP for our first full day breakfast, sounds like it will be good...

Have just made note to buy ponchos, in case of rain, thanks! Looking forward to more.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Thanks Louise! At $10 each they are not cheap but they are like a 'bag for life' one rip and they'll swap them for a new one, we did this numerous times as the necks always seem to go first! Have a wonderful time!
Old 28 Sep 16, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Shame about the rain, but congratulations to your daughter and her fiancée, that was a fab way to start your holiday. You both look so tired in your last photo, hope you've managed to get a good night's sleep.
Old 28 Sep 16, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Good first day shame you didn't enjoy your meal

Joan
Old 28 Sep 16, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Congratulations to your daughter and her fiancé 😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Shame about the rain, but congratulations to your daughter and her fiancée, that was a fab way to start your holiday. You both look so tired in your last photo, hope you've managed to get a good night's sleep.
Haha! We were shattered, I think the adrenaline had worn off by then.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Good first day shame you didn't enjoy your meal

Joan
Thank you, I think we were over tired by then and we really should have eaten earlier

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Congratulations to your daughter and her fiancé 😀
Thank you!
Old 30 Sep 16, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Peachy pot
Proud to wear my Ears

Congratulations to the happy couple. Soooooo romantic.
Old 1 Oct 16, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

I love reading about proposals in TRs!
Congrats to you all!
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List