Notices

Old 28 Sep 16, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The One Where The Kids Are No Longer Kids - Day Three 03/09/16 Wouldn't You Think My Collection's Complete

Awoke at 4:30am this morning, it's getting better! We showered and had a coffee in the room and watched the sun rise, then wandered down to the lobby, we hadn't made any plans for breakfast so grabbed the biggest croissants you have ever seen with a coffee and had breakfast in the lobby whilst waiting for the rest of the gang.

Today we had planned to go Hollywood studios and we had fast passes for ToT and Rock and Roller coaster. Bus arrived promptly and we made the most of the freezing aircon to try and lower our core temperatures for the day ahead. Hubby was pulled for extra screening today but they are so efficient and the queues for the park are very speedy.

There was a thirteen minute queue for ToT which means it's a walk on so we rode it twice before using our first fast pass, I love this ride so much, DD2's GF (or should I now say fiancee) is a first timer and she wasn't too impressed but after the second go she was itching to ride it again! We then rode the Rock and Roller coaster, now the 13 years younger me loved this ride, the 13 years older me wasn't so keen! I'm glad I've been on it but I won't be queuing again anytime soon.
Next up was the Muppets which is always great fun, by this time we were ready for lunch, and decided to stop at Bill and Mins dockside diner, everywhere was so wet but we sat on our ponchos and had mac and cheese with pulled pork, DD2 GF had a veggie wrap which wasn't great. We mooched around the gift shops and bought a few bits and pieces. It's a shame that the Streets of America isn't accessible, I could have made use of the 'singing in the rain' umbrella at this point as the raging sun had made another appearance and the heat was so intense, I had forgotten how the humidity and heat just turns me into a hot mess.

Next up was Indie, sitting in the cool waiting for indie was a welcome relief, after Indie we cooled off with frozen cokes, it was around 3 pm by this time and we decided that we can no longer do rope drop till close in the parks, at least not comfortably! We are only doing Disney this year so that's 14 days in the parks so we would try to just take everything in and not rush around.

We hopped onto a bus and threw ourselves into the hotel pool for some handstands and synchronised swimming tom-foolery! Poor hubby really suffered with his eyes, the chlorine didn't seem strong in the water but it seemed salty for some reason, anyway, it really irritated his eyes and he suffered from blurry vision and a stuffed up nose for the rest of the evening.

DD1 and BF spotted an alligator in the lake behind the hotel - from a safe distance, but ended up getting attacked by a swarm or ants, that'll teach them!

It was at this point that hubby realised that he had lost his reading glasses, they hadn't been found in the hotel lobby so we can only think that they'd been lost during the extra screening at Hollywood studios, but alas no, I think that a certain mermaid called Ariel took them for her collection. Luckily we have a similar prescription so we are sharing mine (thankfully they are not pink).

We couldn't be bothered to go out again for dinner so ordered Dominoes pizzas plus a few extras and sat in the comfy seating area in the hotel lobby. I don't want to know what they add to their food but this was the best pizza I have ever tried! (Plus the cinnamon sticks weren't bad either).

Old 28 Sep 16, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Chloeoeysmum - 28 Sep 16 2:26 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
pdsh1
a Friend of the DIBB

Must ask about the 'Boleyn' Tee shirt? Place dear to my heart being a West Ham United supporter!
pdsh1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another good day, ToT is probably my favourite ride at Disney, I'd definitely go on it more than once.
Old 28 Sep 16, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by pdsh1 View Post
Must ask about the 'Boleyn' Tee shirt? Place dear to my heart being a West Ham United supporter!
Yes, I am a football widow! He bought a few 'in rememberence of' t-shirts just after the move. He was under strict instructions not to take football shirts so this was a perfectly acceptable compromise
Old 28 Sep 16, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Another good day, ToT is probably my favourite ride at Disney, I'd definitely go on it more than once.
I love it! Have to go on it a least three times for every day at HS! Years ago there was only a lap bar, that made for a hair raising experience
Old 28 Sep 16, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Just read all your reports in one hit and really enjoyed reading them... congrats to your daughter and her fiancé
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A good day

Joan
Old 28 Sep 16, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Just read all your reports in one hit and really enjoyed reading them... congrats to your daughter and her fiancé
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good day

Joan
Thank you both for reading along
Old 29 Sep 16, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Another nice day! Gosh you are getting up early! Lovely black and white photo of you all...

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List