Notices

Old 29 Sep 16, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The One Where The Kids Are No Longer Kids - Day Four 04/09/16 From The Day We Arrived On The Planet.

Awake at 5:30 this morning - getting better! We decided to be healthy today and had a fruit cup with yoghurt from the hotel cafe, they did look at us as if we were crazy...

Today was a trip to Animal Kingdom, unless I physically melted into a pool of human residue on the floor, it was that hot! But it's not going to stop us, I have no idea why but my head over heats and gets 'sweaty' (sorry but there isn't an easier way of saying it) and hats just make me worse, I purchased a frosty towel for $10 which was a godsend and an overpriced misting fan and off we went to see the gorillas, I love the gorillas but the meerkats almost topped them, they had spotted a bird of prey in the sky and they were so comical to watch. The weavers building their nests were mesmerizing to watch as well.

We stopped off in Africa, my favourite part, for a while watching the dancers and for a dole whip - I was really looking forward to this as I had read so much about them. They are very refreshing but I wouldn't go mad over them, I've yet to try a dole whip float though. We encountered the most evil looking hornet here, we are still not sure what it actually is, even the waitress recoiled from it and said she had no idea what it was! I did try and take a photo but it's too blurry to post.

Next into the inferno they call Asia for our Everest fast pass, the same realisation was had, I'm too old for the roller coasters now!
I'm in awe of all the prayer flags, I've always loved them and the meaning behind them and I ended up buying quite a few - they endorse peace, compassion, strength and wisdom and the mantras are blown by the wind to spread goodwill and compassion into all pervading space. They say that they will last around five years and when disposing of them they have to be burnt and cannot touch the ground during this process
Lunch was from the Yak and Yeti QS, I had a giant couscous and chick pea wrap which was amazing! Hubby had a chicken sandwich, but he enjoyed my wrap more...

We wandered for a bit, I bought a sun visor so I now look like a Beverly Hills housewife off to play tennis, the gods smiled on us for a bit and brought an afternoon shower, we decided to then go and queue to see Nemo and were offered shelter from the rain which we hastily declined.

Stumbled across this guy on our travels, he was rather hypnotizing, if anyone knows his name or if we can find his music online I would love to know, he almost brought me to tears
The afternoon shower extended into a later afternoon and evening down pour complete with lightening which made our 8pm Kilimanjaro Safari fast pass interesting!
We then walked around in our personal saunas that you call ponchos to the Rain Forest Cafe for dinner.

DD1 made the mistake of ordering iced tea thinking that it was the same as in the UK, she didn't realise that she had to ask for sweetened and flavoured iced tea and it nearly ended up spat across our table
DD2's GF is a pescetarian, (which I always confuse with a Presbyterian!) and ordered a shrimp dish which contained shrimp en brochette, we had no idea then that en brochette meant wrapped in bacon and with it being so dark it wasn't realised until too late! We hastily swapped them with my coconut shrimps. Dessert had to be the Volcano! I missed its grand entrance though due to a 'restroom' break.

We wearily made our way back 'home' as it was being called now and straight to sleep.

Old 29 Sep 16, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Chloeoeysmum - 29 Sep 16 12:42 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Another nice day

Joan
Old 29 Sep 16, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A really lovely Animal Kingdom day.
Old 29 Sep 16, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another nice day

Joan
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A really lovely Animal Kingdom day.
Thanks ladies
Old 29 Sep 16, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Another lovely day... fond memories of animal kngdom... that was our first ever Disney park and our first taste of a Disney restaurant experience was rainforest cafe... really enjoying reading
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

'Overpriced misting fan' made me laugh as we have bought so many of those over the years.
They never make it home with you though as cases are just too full and they get ditched on the last day.
Enjoyed reading about your day, thanks for posting.
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Another lovely day... fond memories of animal kngdom... that was our first ever Disney park and our first taste of a Disney restaurant experience was rainforest cafe... really enjoying reading
I was quite worried about the rainforest cafe as I had read mixed reviews, but we really loved it, and yes, we love animal kingdom, there's something quite special about it.

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
'Overpriced misting fan' made me laugh as we have bought so many of those over the years.
They never make it home with you though as cases are just too full and they get ditched on the last day.
Enjoyed reading about your day, thanks for posting.
Haha! I wonder if there's a market for second hand misting fans, someone could make a killing soliciting them outside of the parks! I don't even know where ours ended up this year, however we still have 2 old 2003 ones!
Old 1 Oct 16, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Your photos are lovely and colourful from today! Love AK..
Presybetarian! Lol. what even is that?!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 16, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Your photos are lovely and colourful from today! Love AK..
Presybetarian! Lol. what even is that?!
It's a religion! : I think it's linked to the Protestant church but I could well be wrong...