Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Oct 16, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Geeza40
Proud to wear my Ears

ADR ideas thoughts...newbie here

Hi all,

Been to disney a few time but never stayed onsite. Next year we are doing 7 nights at SS so we are getting the DDP. So excited...

I have a few ideas for our sit down meals but would love some input.

Fantastia, Im are of the VIP eating, so that is on my list...
BOG... is on my list as well...
i am planning a Character breakfast on our first morning...ideas?
Would like to do a Epcot illuminations meal so we can watch from restaurant..?
Same for wishes...is there anywhere? Read about the desert reservations? do these count as a full "sit down" on the DDP?

Also is there somewhere to eat to watch the Water Pageant

Any other ideas guys...

Look at my countdown... 1 year today...

can't wait..

Dave
Geeza40 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
1. Fantasmic - you can book restaurants that will give you priority seating for the show, we ate in Hollywood & Vine last year for the Disney Junior Play & Dine, great for young children but if you don't have young children Mama Melrose do the package too.

2. Be Our Guest is a fantastic restaurant, the food and décor is just amazing

3. If your planning a character breakfast on your first morning I would recommend Crystal Palace and try to get an early slot before park opening, its priceless getting into an almost empty Magic Kingdom for some amazing photo opportunities.

4. I believe Rose & Crown has good seating for illuminations, however we ate in Teppan Edo last year and its a great restaurant and I never found out till afterwards they have a viewing platform for the fireworks.

5. If you want to watch the water pageant I would recommend a dinner at Ohana at The Polynesian, we ate there and it was a great meal then we headed onto the beach at The Poly to watch Wishes and the Electrical Pageant.

Hope that helps
Old 26 Oct 16, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Would echo previous poster. Crystal Palace for character meal breakfast.

Whilst it's nice to see fireworks with your meal, I think the fireworks are best watched in the park. There are plenty of viewing places to watch Illuminations from in Epcot. Similarly, Wishes is best front row and centre in front of the castle. You can watch Wishes from the boat deck at Narcoossee, Ohana or Cali Grill but the full effect of the projection will not be there.

About the water pageant and Wishes on Poly, yes 'Ohana is a fab restaurant. I really like the food. The other option is from the boat deck of Narcoossee from Grand Floridian but that is at 2 TS credit meal.

Dessert Parties are extra on top and they don't accept TS credits for that.
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
zoebums
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Our first morning was at chef Mickeys, we loved it, our adr was 7am! Great for the first morning xx
zoebums is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Our first morning tradition is a 7am adr for Chef Mickey's then monorail to ttc then the boat over to magic kingdom... seeing the castle getting closer is just magicial.

Always had good food, good service & great interaction.
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just want to echo the comments about the food at be our guest... to be honest we expected the food to not be great and that it would just be a place to go for the novelty, but the food waa actually v.good! We would go again.

Other good 1 credit restaurants for us were sanaa (you can see giraffes etc from the windows and the food was brilliant), ohana (all you can eat bbq with a view of the lake in front of magic kingdom) and sci fi diner... just burgers etc but the 50s drive in theme was brilliant!
Closed Thread