Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 26 Oct 16, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L Malaysian F1 and Kuala Lumpur adventure - Day 8 - Travel home :(

Day 8 - travel home

We didn't get up until about 9.30 and went down to breakfast, we made the most of it this morning as it was our last day of buffet breakfasts!

We had originally said we could spend the day doing anything else in KL we wanted to do but we were pretty shattered and quite wanted a day of relaxing by the pool.

We finished packing up and were ready about 11, check out wasn't until 12 but as we were done we checked out early and left our suitcases with the concierge.

It was about 32/33 today so pretty warm and I kept having a dip in the pool to cool down. The hotel pool was busier today than it had been any other day, it seemed like there were more Malaysian guests at the weekend. Chris popped to the shop to get some soft drinks and crisps but other than that we spent most of the day reading our kindles, having a dip in the pool and just relaxing.

There were showers by the pool so we showered and went down and collected our bags about 5, we rearranged our bags quickly before heading to the monorail stop. We had originally said we'd get a taxi after the walk to the hotel with our suitcases but because of the time and our experience with KL traffic we decided we would walk it again. It didn't seem so bad this time though, not sure if it was because we knew where we were going. We got the monorail to KL Sentral (5.20RM).

We decided we fancied a secret recipe again (the chain we'd been to near Sepang on our first night). We both ordered the special rice with satay again and a coke! It was good but wasn't as nice as the first night and definitely not as spicy. I couldn't resist a bit of Oreo cheesecake which I took away to eat at the airport. This came to 55.20RM.

We got to the KILA express, we already had our tickets as we'd got returns on our way to KL. We had about a 10 minute wait for the train, at which point I decided I couldn't wait any longer and ate my cheesecake .

We got to the airport at about 7.15, our flight didn't leave until 11.05pm and we couldn't drop our bags off until 8.05pm so we sat around taking advantage of the free wifi.

It was a nice airport and we spent a while wandering round the shops and bought some alcohol in duty free. We then just went to Starbucks and got a frappachino (can't remember how much this was as I don't have any notes past the KILA express!) and waited until we had to go to our gate.

We had to get a transit over to the gate but we boarded without any problems. It was a really good flight back, the dinner was nice and they turned off the lights pretty quickly. They kept the lights off for about 9-10 hours so we actually got quite a lot of sleep.

Before we knew it we were landing back at Heathrow at about 5.05am . We got through security, baggage etc so quickly we had a 20 minute wait before the first tube! The rest of the journey was fine and we got home about 8.30am. We were very sad to be home as the holiday had gone far too quickly .
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

A relaxing last day!

Thanks Laura for your very timely report - it has been really helpful for me!

Last day of work tomorrow! Will be doing a live report on the app if you want to relive parts of your trip Very excited but nervous too - outside my comfort zone!

Thanks again

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 16, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Nice relaxing last day - I have enjoyed reading along and thanks for sharing
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 16, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Nice relaxing last day - I have enjoyed reading along and thanks for sharing
Thank you and thank you for reading
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 16, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
A relaxing last day!

Thanks Laura for your very timely report - it has been really helpful for me!

Last day of work tomorrow! Will be doing a live report on the app if you want to relive parts of your trip Very excited but nervous too - outside my comfort zone!

Thanks again
Hope you are having an amazing time (sorry for the delay been away on a hen weekend!), I am about to take a look at your live report! Thank you for reading .
Old 6 May 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Capt Wilko
Trying for More Ears

I have loved reading this trip report as I am thinking of booking a surprise trip to a Grand Prix for DH 50th next year and the prices for Malaysia seem reasonable.

Gutted to now learn that Malaysia dropped from 2018 F1 season.

Back to the drawing board as have no clue where would be good. Thinking maybe Hungary, any thoughts as I am no F1 expert, it's DH's thing
Old 8 May 17, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Capt Wilko View Post
I have loved reading this trip report as I am thinking of booking a surprise trip to a Grand Prix for DH 50th next year and the prices for Malaysia seem reasonable.

Gutted to now learn that Malaysia dropped from 2018 F1 season.

Back to the drawing board as have no clue where would be good. Thinking maybe Hungary, any thoughts as I am no F1 expert, it's DH's thing
Thank you! I know I can't believe they're stopping it, it's always been one of my favourite tracks. I'd only ever been to silversstone before Malaysia, I prefer tracks like this, although I have always fancied Singapore as I love the night race. But Hungary was my second choice gp if we couldn't have made Malaysia.