Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Nov 16, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

From the Beach to the Wilderness Halloween 16 Day 6 The Lion's Not Sleeping Tonight (SW, shopping,

Today we spent a couple of hours doing various things. We were greeted on our first morning at the villa with a very pretty sky.

We started with a couple of hours at SW where the coasters were ridden by Darren and the kids twice, all of which were walk ons. I meandered behind enjoying the scenery but it was sad to see it so quiet, although the coaster fans weren't complaining.

We browsed the shops and Alix bought a couple of things before we headed for a couple of hours of clothes shopping at Mall at Millennia.

Alix spent over 1.5 hours in one shop and when we bumped into the boys later and they were going in that shop she returned and bought something else. I spent ten minutes in there before sitting outside with my book, just popping in every now and then to give an opinion, when needed. The shops are already displaying Xmas items. Alix and Matt bought lots of clothes, Darren bought a jumper and I bought nothing.

On the way back we called at KFC to collect our missing meals. Alix went in but discovered that the lady she had spoken to was not the manager and she said we were not on the replacement list (suggests this happens a lot). After hearing a lot of shouting from the kitchen Alix was given the meals. Darren and I had sandwiches back at the villa while they finally joyed their KFC. Next was a couple of hours of RnR around the pool. We do enjoy our time relaxing at the villa. Darren fell asleep sunbathing and woke with a bad neck which a shower quickly took care of. All too soon it was time to drag ourselves away as we were spending a couple of hours at AK tonight. We were met by a kind parking attendant who didn't charge us for parking - bonus!

We love AK at night and all agreed it is the most beautiful park. We know we don't get good value for money these days for the time we spend in the parks but we do enjoy popping in for a couple of hours on a night and all agreed we would miss this if we didn't do it. It does help when we don't have to pay for parking and we had a parking fee free day today as our SW tickets gave us free parking this year.

The rides were all walk ons so we didn't need the FPs. Darren and the kids started with a couple of rides on Everest while I enjoyed the scenery which I don't often see in the daylight.

We then enjoyed our first evening safari. We all really enjoyed this as the animals were so much more active. The highlight was we got to hear the lion roar. Apparently he only roars twice a day, once on a morning and once on an evening so it is pretty special to hear this as you are passing. We were expecting an ear shattering roar but it sounded more like he had a sore throat. We did comment that our cats shout louder at feeding time. We were very pleased we got to hear it though as we've never heard a lion roar before. The driver was very knowledgeable and shared lots of interesting facts. The only downside was the photos were rubbish.

It was then back to Everest for 3 rides in the dark.

We had a look at the tree awakening on the way out which is very well done.

On the way home Alix wasn't feeling well - too many rides on Everest I think - so we had dinner back home.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Lovely photo with the tree of life all lit up! Thanks for sharing am reading all your posts

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Lovely photo with the tree of life all lit up! Thanks for sharing am reading all your posts
Thank you. I will get the rest posted shortly.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List