Old 3 Dec 16, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our 5th Trip of Firsts: Day 3 - Universal, IoA & Moving to Villa

We woke up this morning at 6am so it's getting better Couldn't believe we were checking out today,we absolutely LOVED RPR and will definitely return!
We all showered, dressed and went to the club room for brekkie. Then headed back to the room to pack up everything. Checked out, left our luggage at the storage desk and walked to Universal Studios getting there just before10am. We rode Minions, Rip Ride, Transformers, The Mummy 3 times (we had somehow never done this ride ever before!?!) MiB, The Simpsons and the little Woody Woodpecker coaster.

We got some snacks, I had dippin dots after seeing them mentioned in lots of trip reports here,loved them

Had a look in Moes, well themed.

We just happened to be in the right place at the right time to meet Curious George

Then Bart & Homer, Bart was an awful messer!

Next up, Dora & Diego!

We were just taking a photo here when we noticed something going on at the end of the road, headed back down and it was a despicable me float!

Watched the show and got a picture with Gru

On our way back to the exit we met Betty Boop and lastly Woody Woodpecker. He was so funny, took a shine to Odhrán, we were with him for ages!

Tried on some wigs on the way out. All this and it was still only a little after 1pm! It was such a fantastic morning, had never met characters at Universal before, great interaction. It's a morning I'll remember, one of my favourites

We made our way to Islands of Adventure. Robbie was picking up the car about 3 and we had already decided Odhrán would go with him and I'd stay and ride some of the bigger rides with Fionn. The boys were happy with this too, Odhrán just wanted us all to go on Spider-Man one last time We rode Spider-Man and Robbie and Fionn did the Hulk together before he left with Odhrán. They walked back to RPR and got an uber from there to the Disney Car Centre to pick up our rental. We had originally thought we would stay at the beach club again but decided after the car was booked to try RPR instead so we just left the car booking as it was.
Fionn and I rode the Hulk twice then started walking through Superhero Island and again, happened to be in the right place at the right time. We met Wolverine & Captain America.

We walked around to Hogsmeade to ride Duelling Dragons and got a message from Robbie saying he was back at RPR with the car! He was much quicker than any of us expected! We walked back to RPR and he was waiting with the luggage loaded already We were all sad to be leaving RPR, it was absolutely fantastic, we had the best time, the whole Universal experience this year was amazing and we will definitely return. I think staying onsite at Universal makes a much bigger difference to your enjoyment of the parks. While I loved Disney's Beach Club, it didn't enhance our park experience much really.
Anyway, sad as we were to be leaving RPR, we were so excited to go to the villa. It was our 3rd year in this villa & it really felt like going home We got there about 4.30, unpacked and went to Walmart to do a food shop. We spent ages there just browsing! Got our groceries and went back to villa. Robbie went back out to pick up an Olive Garden takeaway as we were all looking forward to staying in this evening. Kids had a splash in the pool while he was gone & I put on a wash, I love doing laundry over there! Olive Garden was delicious 😋 We went to bed about 11 excited for the next stage of our trip!

3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 16, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by codym - 3 Dec 16 7:09 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 16, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixybird88
Proud to wear my Ears

Sounds like a great morning. Loving your reports 😀
Pixybird88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 16, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A good changeover day

Joan
Old 4 Dec 16, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Carolynmf
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Sounds like a wonderful day
Carolynmf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 16, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

Sounds like you had a wonderful last day.
Old 5 Dec 16, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

What a lot you got done in the morning - and loads of great character meets/photos. Sounds like a great day.
Old 8 Dec 16, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshiredisney
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great pics . The kids look very happy
Old 4 Feb 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for reading everyone
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Ooh Olive Garden delivery, that sounds tempting!

Lovely day again, how great to stay in the same villa 3 years running!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List