Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Dec 16, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
BLDY&McGoo What Are We Thankful For 2016 - Day 2 - IHOP, Shopping, Celebration & Olive Garden

Day 2 – November 21st – IHOP, Shopping, Celebration & Olive Garden

This morning began with me waking at 7am, I headed downstairs, made myself some toasted muffins with butter and was alone for a while until Scott came down around 745am.

He was craving pancakes so when the others joined us a little later we suggested breakfast at IHOP this morning.
We watched tv, dad read his book and we discussed the plans for the day. Dad had wanted to go to the premium outlets to get some bits and the festival bay mall came up in conversation. Dad said how they should turn it into a market or a retail park type thing. I googled it and low and behold found out that it had been turned into the Artegon marketplace. He genuinely didn't know it had been refurbed so was quite chuffed with himself that his idea had become reality.

We pottered until we were all ready to go at 9:15am, there was quite a bit of traffic so a journey that would normally be quite short took 45 minutes.
We went to the IHOP on West Irlo Branson Memorial Highway, none of us had ever been to any IHOP before but I'd heard good things so we thought we would give it a try.

There aren't many breakfast options I enjoy so I opted for the double BLT with fries, Scott & Kim both had plain pancakes and added lashings of sauce and Dad had a blueberry pancake combo. Scott & I had Orange juice and the adults at the table had coffee.

It came out quite quickly and we all enjoyed what we had chosen so didn't leave much behind. The bill came to $53.93 So we paid $60 ($30 Each)

We left at 10:30am and due to terrible traffic and a bit of tense touch my nose direction giving we eventually arrived at the Premium outlets on International Drive for some more shopping.

Again we wandered in and out of shops, sometimes as a 4 and then split into our 2s. We bought quite a bit but the heat was getting to Scott and I think he was getting a bit of itchy feet as Shopping two days in a row without a theme park in between is quite hard for him as he gets easily restless.

Today we bought…

Guess – Jeans for me (Cindy 31s to be precise) - $33.54
Famous Footwear Warehouse – 2x Trainers for Scott BOGOHP - $95.83
GNC – Doselocker Gadget - $5.24
Puma – 2 Packs Of Socks - $19.17
Under Armour –A Hoody each, a Hat, 3 Tops, Shorts, Undershorts - $195.43
Yankee Candle – 4x Car Jars - $17.54

It was about 3pm now and we were hungry once again and had down a full circuit of the place so met back up with Dad and Kim and headed back to the car with our goodies.
We drove the short distance over the road, parking near the Bass pro sports shop.

Scott & I were hungry so we headed to Fuddruckers whilst Dad & Kim went to look in the bass shop.
We had to wait behind an indecisive couple but were served soon after and after a little wait were tucking into our burgers.

Scott went for a Crispy chicken burger with cheese combo & I just had a crispy chicken burger on its own. I didn't need a drink as I had some water with me anyway.
Total came to $20.11

Whilst we were eating Dad & Kim nipped in and we arranged to ring them when we were done as they were going to have a wander.

Once we were suitably fed and watered we headed out in the search for our holiday buddies, we tried to call them but neither of them had signal on their phones so we wandered in and out hoping that we would bump into them.

We found a really cool comic book shop so had a good look there but nothing else really took our fancy, we went back out to the entrance and found Dad & Kim sat enjoying a FroYo. We wandered the last shops together and then headed back to the car at 4pm.

Our next port of call was a visit to Celebration. I had intended to visit before but we just never got round to it so I was looking forward to seeing the place that so many people talk about. Dad drove this time as he had been there before, we did have a bit of traffic again but at 4:45pm we arrived at the picturesque little place with beautiful houses. We parked near the Colombian restaurant and took a stroll along.

Scott immediately hated the place, whimsical little towns aren't really his thing & he just thought it was a pointless visit. In truth it was, but it made me happy to visit somewhere new and enjoy a moment away from the hustle and bustle of the busy world.

We went into the pet store but just wandered past the others, stopped for photos by the Christmas tree and looked across the peaceful lake before making our way back to the car. Scott decided to drag me through the water fountain which would have been fine if it was a hot day but it was sunny but quite chilly so my little wet tootsies were glad to get back in the car.

By 545 we were back at Encantada, I nipped in to the clubhouse to ask for some more towels and dressing gowns as the towels we had were tiny and they had only given us 2 gowns for a house that sleeps 6.

We spent about an hour and a half indoors, I updated my notes and filled up the buy bed before getting ready for our dinner tonight at the Olive Garden at Rolling Oaks.

It was about 7:30pm and we were seated immediately.
Dad & I Chose salad for our starter whilst Kim & Scott had chicken Gnocchi Soup.

Scott & I opted for create your own pasta. I had Rigatoni with meat sauce & sausage whilst Scott had spaghetti, alfredo sauce and breaded chicken. We both enjoyed ours and the breadsticks make it a million times better so I asked for some more.
Dad & Kim both had the special of Asiago Chicken Tortellini which they both said wasn't particularly good as the chicken was dry. The same as yesterday they were both very tired as we had walked an awful lot the last 2 days, paired with the jet lag meant their bodies thought they were eating at 1am it wasn't surprising. I think this put them off of Olive Garden a little but me and Scott still enjoyed our meals.

Our bill came to $64.01 (left $75 = we paid $40 as we didn't have any $5 bills to split it but it was no biggie)

We weren't ready for home time yet so we dropped the two oldies off so they could get some rest and headed for a traipse around the big Walmart at Cagans crossing.

We were gone 2 hours! I told you it was a traipse. We literally went down every aisle looking at all the weird and wonderful items that were a hell of a lot cheaper than at home.
I almost had to pull Scott from the tool section kicking and screaming as he wanted everything he saw.

We spent $152.19 in total, scrap booking stuff, prezzies for people back home, a top for me to wear to our off roading tomorrow, sweets/pop tarts etc
Whilst I was paying for the shopping Scott went to the off licence bit and bought his dad a bottle of Jack Daniels as a treat. For just $21.37 he got the regular sized bottle in a gift set with glass which was really lovely and Dad was chuffed with it when he saw it the next day.

We were soon back to the car and Scott wanted to show how big the back is so laid in the boot for a photo, 5 minutes later we were parking back up outside our house. The rents had already gone to bed so we stayed downstairs for a little while sorting out our shopping, had showers then went to bed.

Today's spends

Shopping - $540.31
Food - $90.11

Total - $630.42

Edited at 10:31 PM.
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 16, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Wow you packed loads in today.i could never do my weekly shop in Walmart.so much choice I would be there all day 😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Some great purchase's today

The hours definitely slip away in Walmart, just the size of everything is mental!
Old 30 Dec 16, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That was a busy day

Joan
Old 4 Jan 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another busy shopping day. I must confess I don't really like shopping and begrudge the outlets in Florida that my hubby makes me go to, but I love a shopping trip to Walmart! We go when it's raining 😂

Olive Garden is one of our favourites, I love the stuffed chicken with marsala sauce
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I always have to go up and down every aisle in Walmart too, I get ridiculously excited about visiting the supermarkets, they're like another theme park to me!

I can't believe Scott doesn't like cute little towns, I want to live in one and pretend I'm in a TV show!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Oh more shopping ! More great food ! Another great day
Go you guys with stamina , what a fab day
Love that pic of Scott in the back of the car.
It looks like you are having such a fun time, fab
I think Andy could live in Walmart - he has to inspect every aisle too. I get sensory overload about half way round the store and just want to sit down . Its too much for me !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Lovely day, I love a nice relax at celebration. Great shopping bargains.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List