Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 22 Mar 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

We're going on a Bear Hunt, RV trip -Vancouver to Rockies - Day 16 - Calgary to Heathrow and Home

Today's trip report is quite short as I didn't make very many notes!

In the morning I decided to go and stretch my legs while Simon took the kids for a swim (with the intention of tiring them out ahead of the flight - some luck!)

I went for a nice walk around downtown and picked up some last minute bits.

I then went back for Simon and the kids who had decided to try to find Wendy's we'd been looking for one all holiday with no luck, anyhow we found one at the top of one of the malls in the food court so the kids were happy enough!

Some of the art in the mall here, it really is impressive how they have worked with the indoor space which must be a real bonus in the cold winters.

It was soon time to head for the airport as Joseph gets very anxious about travelling so we have to be early ! I don't really feel as though we did Calgary justice as there is an impressive Zoo and , of course, the Olympic Park which we didn't visit but we all felt very tired at the end of the holiday. Maybe another time!

As we were very early for our flight we spent a long time waiting, there is not much in departures at Calgary airport so we ended up playing a lot of UNO, our favourite pass the time game, before boarding the flight home.

The flight was uneventful but ,as always, I didn't sleep and nor did the kids so we were grateful to have a hotel at Heathrow , the Park Inn booked for the night so we could sleep before heading home.

We all had a fantastic trip, it was so varied and I would recommend it to families.

Even though we had our moments we enjoyed the freedom of the RV and I am considering purchasing a (smaller) motorhome here to use to travel through Europe!

Joseph wants to emigrate to Canada which shows how much he enjoyed it!

Thanks if you have read this report, it has been nice reliving the memories!

Rachel
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Thoroughly enjoyed reading along. A fantastic trip thanks for sharing.
Cutiepie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed reading along. A fantastic trip thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much for reading, we did have a fantastic trip!
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Canada looks wonderful. Thanks for a great report, thoroughly enjoyed reading along.

I too would love a campervan (even thought I’ve never been inside one). They look exciting.
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
janey2000
Excited about Disney

Great trip report, i emjoyed reading. Can I ask how you and the kids handled the jet lag on arrival in canada? We leave first thing in the morning and arrive in vancouver at midday so it will be a long long day, im worried about keeping my girl up to a decent time so we arent up at 3am the first day 😖

Pre trip report - Aug 2014 Florida and Georgia
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=794593
janey2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
Canada looks wonderful. Thanks for a great report, thoroughly enjoyed reading along.

I too would love a campervan (even thought I’ve never been inside one). They look exciting.
Thank you !

Campervans are exciting! Go for it!
Old 26 Mar 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by janey2000 View Post
Great trip report, i emjoyed reading. Can I ask how you and the kids handled the jet lag on arrival in canada? We leave first thing in the morning and arrive in vancouver at midday so it will be a long long day, im worried about keeping my girl up to a decent time so we arent up at 3am the first day 😖
Hi Janey, thank you!

Travel day was REALLY tiring but the kids handled it OK, we managed to stay up until about 9pm local time as the kids were excited to explore and they went for what felt like a very late night swim before going to bed.

Jet lag was FAR worse on the way home!
Old 27 Jun 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fantastic trip report, thank you for taking the time to share your holiday, would love to visit Canada one day

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

fantastic!

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List