Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 May 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cupcake33 View Post
Hi, I've seen this on another Orlando facebook group thought you might me interested.

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport - WARNING

If you are considering leaving your car at this hotel whilst going on holiday, then read this first:

We returned from Las Vegas to find that our front numberplate had been unscrewed and placed inside the car. The hotel knew nothing about this and blamed the car parking company that they subcontracted out to. Two weeks on and neither the hotel nor the car parking company can offer a reasonable explanation as to why this was done - so we can only guess what they did or were planning to do with our vehicle.

Whilst this might seem like a minor issue, we’ve since found countless complaints on Facebook and TripAdvisor about cars left at the Clayton Hotel who had suffered varying amounts of damage.
One person found footprints all over back passenger floor and that baby seat had been detached for no reason. Not the thing you want to encounter after a long flight. The Clayton had no explanations and were taking it up with parking company.
Another person had their dash cam switched off

Bear this in mind if you are planning on staying here - we’ve cancelled our next stay.
**** this was not the only post about the car parking and damage to cars on the site. Other people posted lots of problems advising people not to use

Edited at 07:06 PM.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Sorry edited my post to add extra comments but somehow I added to prev post. I added about footprints and dash cam
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

Here's the other review Silverfox is referring to. It's on tripadvisor and there's photos too.

we returned today to pickup our car from the Clayton hotel at Manchester airport after using their stay and park service where you sleep there the night before your flight , leave your car and they have it ready for you to pickup when you return.

I got the keys from the hotel and went to pack the car ready for our trip back to Leeds at rush hour. When leaving the car before our holiday the inside was spotless ( I have OCD with my car, especially the inside! I hate it been dirty and every couple of days take the mats out and give everywhere a good wipe to keep on top of it). It was like the parking company employees had been in a mud bath then got into the car. As you can see on the pictures the driver seat has mud marks on it (hopefully these will come out but at the expense of my time and cash) and the floor wells of both the front and rear were filthy. The most worrying aspect was my son's car seat was moved and pushed towards the centre of the rear seat in the back. As you can see there are two big foot marks so obviously the car has had rear passengers during its time while we have been away. I had to take out the car seat and re install because the seatbelt was so twisted! Extremely concerning and I have emailed Clayton and holiday extras direct as well as tweeting holiday extras. As yet no reply. I am fuming. I took photos straight away as the date/time stamp backs up when I picked the car up. After a long flight and been awake for so long we didn't have the energy to waste god knows how much time going back into the hotel at the time to raise the issue. It is also convenient that my dash cam footage has been wiped completely since our trip away! I will await their reply and depending on the nature of their response may well take to trip advisor and email the media to see if they have any interest in what has happened. It's also interesting that when you visit the trip advisor review page for the hotel there is a warning at the top informing you that there is evidence of corruption in terms of the reviews left on trip advisor for the Clayton hotel at Manchester. I thought it was important to let people on here know my bad experience if they are considering using the same place. Angry is an understatement!
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Stayed there 3 times in total, twice with work and 1 before a holiday, very basic and a hard bed. I found I could hear the doors slamming quiet loudly too.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 05:16 AM  
Link to this Post
DEBS&DAN
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Before I read the other posts I booked this. Bit worried now. Hopefully they will have learned from the bad reviews and it will be fine
Old 19 May 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DEBS&DAN View Post
Before I read the other posts I booked this. Bit worried now. Hopefully they will have learned from the bad reviews and it will be fine
let us know how you get on. we're due to park our car here also in sept
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We left our car there everytime and everything was fine!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Just read on another site where it was posted that car came back deep in mud splash over door and tyres. They say never been near mud , but this was a brand new car.
Also on the dash play back car was recorded as doing 94mph.
Beware people beware
Old 22 May 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

if not the Clayton then where would people suggest?
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List