Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 May 19, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Melyn12
Getting Excited

Mobile

We booked LHR-MIA going out 3rd April coming back 18th April 2020. £2800 for 2A and 3Ch with a 7 seater Ford Explorer. We weighed up all the options and decided that even if the Tampa/ Orlando flights come down, they aren’t going to come down to that price for the exact school Easter holidays so we booked it! I would rather the drive than going indirect and changing flights with the kids. Just hoping the drive is ok... x
Melyn12 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
AMG82
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I have been searching flights for 25/3 to 8/4 for the last few days. Lufthansa have Bhx-Frankfurt-mco route for £2077 the stopover going is 2hours and coming home is 1 hour. This is for 2ad and 3children. Also looking at the LHR - MIA route with BA plus have looked at BA direct into Orlando and Tampa but it leaves LHR and arrives back into LGW?
The Lufthansa flight from Birmingham seems to be the best deal this also includes 23kg baggage for us all, am I going to get a better deal waiting on other flights to be released or should I take the plunge on Lufthansa?
AMG82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by AMG82 View Post
I have been searching flights for 25/3 to 8/4 for the last few days. Lufthansa have Bhx-Frankfurt-mco route for £2077 the stopover going is 2hours and coming home is 1 hour. This is for 2ad and 3children. Also looking at the LHR - MIA route with BA plus have looked at BA direct into Orlando and Tampa but it leaves LHR and arrives back into LGW?
The Lufthansa flight from Birmingham seems to be the best deal this also includes 23kg baggage for us all, am I going to get a better deal waiting on other flights to be released or should I take the plunge on Lufthansa?
That price sounds good but will the 1 hr stop over be enough? We did an hour and 50 mins last one in PHL and just made it but maybe we just got a bit delayed. It’s hard to say whether a better deal will come up but your just a few days short of the 11 month mark. I’m going to hold out no later than 22nd (flying home 19th April 2020) as hoping to get a similar route / price as last time (MAN-PHL-MCO around £500 pp booked a couple of days after 11 month mark). There looks to be a few airlines missing from sky scanner still. I’d just have route / price in mind you’re happy with and then book
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

i'd not realised Ba go to/from Tampa, ill defo look into that as well be at the coast at the end of the hol, still trying to persuade hubby

did i read that BA have some sort of deal/sale on at the mo that finishes 21st May ... is it 10% or something ?

trying to not miss the boat with the decent BA prices while waiting for everyone else to release ?

does anyone know if i use BA for man- lgw-mia do they sort the bags or do we collect at each airport ?

thanks

DLP 2012
WDW, SSR, RPR and Gulf coast 2017
next trip WDW, US, DS, SW -Easter 2020 !
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
It’s manchester Heathrow Miami isn’t it for ba
That’s what I’m doing
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
It’s manchester Heathrow Miami isn’t it for ba
That’s what I’m doing
Sorry yes it’s Heathrow 🙈🙈

My head spinning with doing that many different flights! Hubbys not convinced yet ! But Im just not going to pay 2k more than I need too ! Getting so frustrated though as I want to get accommodation booked as well doing 3 different stays ( as planned) 4 if we do Miami for a night 🥴🥴

DLP 2012
WDW, SSR, RPR and Gulf coast 2017
next trip WDW, US, DS, SW -Easter 2020 !
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizz
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by tillymoon View Post
Sorry yes it’s Heathrow 🙈🙈

My head spinning with doing that many different flights! Hubbys not convinced yet ! But Im just not going to pay 2k more than I need too ! Getting so frustrated though as I want to get accommodation booked as well doing 3 different stays ( as planned) 4 if we do Miami for a night 🥴🥴
I thought DH might not be keen on flying to MIA as he’ll probably do all the driving but when I pointed out we’d save over £3000 he said he was more than happy to do it as long as we stopped in MIA the 1st night so he didn’t have to drive straight after the flight.
Wizz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
AMG82
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
That price sounds good but will the 1 hr stop over be enough? We did an hour and 50 mins last one in PHL and just made it but maybe we just got a bit delayed. It’s hard to say whether a better deal will come up but your just a few days short of the 11 month mark. I’m going to hold out no later than 22nd (flying home 19th April 2020) as hoping to get a similar route / price as last time (MAN-PHL-MCO around £500 pp booked a couple of days after 11 month mark). There looks to be a few airlines missing from sky scanner still. I’d just have route / price in mind you’re happy with and then book
I know was thinking the same and it’s like 1hour 5mins so not like the extra minutes will make a huge difference! I don’t want to pay more than £500 pp inc baggage tbh, would love a direct flight to MCO as booked package through attraction tickets and that includes the magic express! At this point I think I will wait for other airlines to release their prices, who’s missing can’t see virgin or American Airlines yet? I am checking sky scanner daily! X
AMG82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
AMG82
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by tillymoon View Post
i'd not realised Ba go to/from Tampa, ill defo look into that as well be at the coast at the end of the hol, still trying to persuade hubby

did i read that BA have some sort of deal/sale on at the mo that finishes 21st May ... is it 10% or something ?

trying to not miss the boat with the decent BA prices while waiting for everyone else to release ?

does anyone know if i use BA for man- lgw-mia do they sort the bags or do we collect at each airport ?

thanks
Tampa wasn’t a bad price but I still would have to sort a car or transfer so need to factor that cost in, for us I think we prefer direct to Mco so at this point as it’s not long to wait till the other airlines release their prices think I may hold on, hope I don’t end up kicking myself! Which other airlines are yet to show up?

Good luck with the hubby, I have to have all the pros and cons ready when dealing with mine 🤣 X
Old 6 May 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

I know was thinking the same and it’s like 1hour 5mins so not like the extra minutes will make a huge difference! I don’t want to pay more than £500 pp inc baggage tbh, would love a direct flight to MCO as booked package through attraction tickets and that includes the magic express! At this point I think I will wait for other airlines to release their prices, who’s missing can’t see virgin or American Airlines yet? I am checking sky scanner daily! X
yep - i'm going to wait too. Will keep updating on here - I would like to fly into mco too - what are your dates? (looking at doing 3rd - 19th) x
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List