Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 2 Mar 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile Ford Edge or Dodge caravan

DH has always had a dodge caravan as this is similar to what he drives at home, ford edge would be £225 cheaper, whats the difference in vehicle sizes etc , like to drive etc? Advice appreciated if i can persuade DH to go for edge!
Old 2 Mar 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Depends on how many people there are but four or less and I’d say the Edge. It’s very comfortable and far better to drive than the minivan. It’s got far better brakes and so much nicer to sit in and drive. If it’s cheaper then it’s a definite for me. It can’t carry as much luggage but for the four of us it was perfect. It’s obviously not got rear sliding doors but it’s a far higher quality than a grand caravan. Can’t say for a Pacifica as I’ve never driven one of them but they look nice.

Edited at 10:46 AM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks it for 2adults and a 10 year old. I will try to persuade him!
Old 2 Mar 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The 7 seaters are great at what they were designed for namely to carry up to 7 people in comfort.

There the comparisons end. SUV all day long. A better drive and invariably a quieter cabin.

The Pacifica though is in a different league. Nice car.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Siff
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Can I also jump in on your thread as I am in a similar predicament?
We are three, my wife, myself and 2.5 year old.
We will be flying into MIA and driving up next morning with potentially 2 checked pieces, 1 carry on, a baby bag and stroller. On the way back down we may have an additional piece.
Last year we had the Pacifica and it was magnificent, the kid even had room to run around while we were waiting for mommy or something.
But I also have been price watching and the Ford is coming in much better, just wondering if we can fit it all (the stroller i think throws things off).
(Don't even know if we will be able to go with the way things are looking right now!)

Thanks
Siff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

We had a Santa Fe sport in 2017 that is roughly the same size as the Edge. Took 2a, 2c, plus three full size suitcases, carry on bags and a double buggy with ease. That was only the 5 seat version which is the same as the UK sized model. Depending on who you book with, the model indicated is for sizing only. You might get something a bit bigger allocated, or if with Alamo, you get to pick the vehicle.
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Siff View Post
We will be flying into MIA and driving up next morning with potentially 2 checked pieces, 1 carry on, a baby bag and stroller. On the way back down we may have an additional piece.
Last year we had the Pacifica and it was magnificent, the kid even had room to run around while we were waiting for mommy or something.
But I also have been price watching and the Ford is coming in much better, just wondering if we can fit it all (the stroller i think throws things off).
(Don't even know if we will be able to go with the way things are looking right now!)

Thanks
You will have no issues with all SUVs in Standard category
Enjoy
Old 2 Mar 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks
We had a Ford Edge for 2 adults & 2 teens with 3 large suitcases, a hold-all style case and we each had a piece of hand luggage. As mentioned in previous posts the Edge won’t have sliding doors like the Pacifica but it’s more comfortable inside and a nicer drive. If it’s also considerably cheaper then it would be a no brainer for me.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Thanks
Remember, the rear splits so you could fold part of it down and you’ll have even more luggage space.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Siff
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Yes, thanks all. Cramming the stroller in was my real concern
Siff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List