Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Mar 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
missmarple
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Time from Plane to Train

Hi. I will be getting VS76 from MCO to Manchester Airport. It's due to land at 7.45am. I need to book a train to get home. There is a train that leaves at 9.07am. Does anyone have any idea whether this would leave enough time to get to train station? (Train tickets are non-refundable so looking for some advice before booking)
Thanks in advance 😁

Edited at 10:49 AM. Reason: Wrong time
missmarple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

We go to Gatwick by train and personally I would always book either a non-specific train (our preference) or give myself at least two hours from scheduled landing as you can easily pick up delays.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohana2020
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Just a heads up: If you're on TPE from MAN then you can still book advance but with leeway for delayed flight:

tpexpress/special-...hester-airport
Ohana2020 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
We go to Gatwick by train and personally I would always book either a non-specific train (our preference) or give myself at least two hours from scheduled landing as you can easily pick up delays.
I'm the same. I get a train home from Gatwick and book an 'any time' train ticket.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I'm guessing the OP is thinking about an advance purchase ticket which is linked to a specific service time.

I think the timings may be a bit tight tbh
Old 7 Mar 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohana2020
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I'm guessing the OP is thinking about an advance purchase ticket which is linked to a specific service time.

I think the timings may be a bit tight tbh
Yes, but with TPE even advance is changeable from MAN (see link above)
Ohana2020 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
missmarple
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Thanks for the advice everyone. Decided to play it safe and buy one for a couple of hours later. That way there won't be an issue and I won't be stressing out when getting off the plane.

When I read the terms and conditions of the advanced airport ticket I was looking at, TPE would honour a 3 hour extension to the time, but only if the actual plane had been delayed. If it was on time and I still didn't make it because of the tight time frame I would probably have to buy another ticket. Too expensive to make that mistake. Got a good bargain. First class advanced single from Manchester Airport to Scotland for £72

Edited at 01:05 AM.
missmarple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 04:51 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by missmarple View Post
Thanks for the advice everyone. Decided to play it safe and buy one for a couple of hours later. That way there won't be an issue and I won't be stressing out when getting off the plane.

When I read the terms and conditions of the advanced airport ticket I was looking at, TPE would honour a 3 hour extension to the time, but only if the actual plane had been delayed. If it was on time and I still didn't make it because of the tight time frame I would probably have to buy another ticket. Too expensive to make that mistake. Got a good bargain. First class advanced single from Manchester Airport to Scotland for £72
Hiya MM, we abide by TPE's minimum one hour rule from plane to train and have had need to use their Easement twice due to flight delays, station staff were excellent. When we fly home in May our flight arrives at 6.45am, train to Durham is 8.10am, if the aircraft is on time we may be kicking our heels around, or not Our First Advance to Durham was also canny at £33 each.

When we arrived into Man last May our flight landed early, only to sit on the tarmac with the Capt repeatedly apologising about an aircraft blocking his gate, he docked about 20 mins later. Altho we were ok for time one of the elevators was knacked, queue for the other was long, some tried to get luggage on the escalator instead, staff stopped them. Couple behind us stressing as they'd opted for the earlier train, stood no chance, I suggested they speak to the station Manager. Made our train 10 mins afore departure and saw the couple, luckily the Manager had been very understanding and put them on the next train.