Disney's Hollywood Studios, previously known as Disney MGM Studios opened May 1st 1989 and is Disney's version of Hollywood! It is a combination of a theme park and a working TV and film production studio.
Disney's Hollywood Studios has a great combination of film sets, rides and spectacular shows, including the "not to be missed" Fantasmic! In fact some of Disney's most popular thrill rides, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and The Tower of Terror are to be found here.
for 2019 'Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
', is an all-new Land opening at Hollywood Studios. As has already been announced by Disney and reported on the DIBB, the opening dates for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge is the 29th August 2019. Guests will be able to experience the first of two rides on the opening date. The 'Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run, allows guests to fly the Millennium Falcon on a thrilling smuggling mission. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens on 5th December, where you can join the Resistance in a climatic battle against the First Order! There will also be Galactic Dining options and shops where you can purchase Custom Merchandise.
June 2018 saw the opening of the all new 'Toy Story Land', which welcomes guests – as toys – into Andy’s backyard, Slinky Dog Dash invites them into Andy’s imagination,” said Phil Holmes, Vice President of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. “What Andy has dreamed up will deliver nonstop coaster fun for all ages.”
2019 Attendance figure = 11,483,000
Arriving at Disney's Hollywood Studios
This park has two entrances, both of which can be reached from World Drive and are well signed from the I-4 and the US-192. As you enter the roads leading to the park you will come to the Disney Studios Toll Plaza where you can purchase a Car Park Ticket. Once through Toll Plaza you will be directed where to park your car by the car park CM's.
Make a note of where you parked so you can find your car come closing time.
Walk to the end of the car park and a Tram will soon be along to take you to the entrance.
As from 1st September 2015, the traditional 'Rope Drop" opening procedure has been re-initiated, on all regular non-Extra Magic Hour mornings. Guest can proceed through the touch points from 8.30am onto Hollywood Boulevard. The rope drop will take place at 8.45am at three locations, these being 50's Prime Time Cafe, Min and Bill's Dockside and the Trolley Car Cafe.
There are Guest Lockers available to secure your items located near the entrance at Oscars Classic Car Souvenirs.
There is a very wide choice of attractions to entertain everyone. For details on the main attractions please select an item from the Disney Studios menu on the left.
Parades and Fireworks
There are no fireworks or parades at Disney's Hollywood Studios. For more details please make a selection from the left menu.
There is a very wide array of dining experiences available in the park. These range from snack food to full restaurant dining. For details of the main dining facilities please click on the Dining Link from our menu.
There are lots of opportunities for you to spend your Dollars. For more details on Shopping please click the Shopping link on our Menu.
Attractions & Entertainment
- The Trolley Car Cafe
- The Hollywood Brown Derby
- Oscar's Super Service
- Mickey's of Hollywood
- Celebrity 5 & 10
- Keystone Clothiers
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- Celebrity Spotlight
- Indiana Jones: Epic Stunt Spectacular
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- Hollywood & Vine
- Tune-In Lounge
- 50's Prime Time Cafe
- Dockside Diner
- Oasis Canteen
- Backlot Express
- Indiana Jones Adventures Outpost
- Frozen Fractal Gifts
- Tatooine Traders
- Muppet Vision 3D
- Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
- BaseLine Tap House
- Stage 1 Company Store
Toy Story Land
- Mickey and Minnie Starring in Red Carpet
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
- ABC Commissary
Star Wars:Galaxy's Edge
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Toy Story Mania!
- Woody's Lunch Box
- Millenium Falcon:Smugglers Run
- Star Wars:Rise of the Resistance
- Oga's Cantina
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
- Ronto Roasters
- The Milk Stand
- Kat Saka's Kettle
- Droid Depot
- Savi's Workshop
- Creature Stall
- Black Spire Outfitters
- Toydarian Toymaker
- Jewels of Bith
- Walt Disney Presents
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
- Disney Studios Store
Sunset Ranch Market
- Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Sunshine Day Cafe
- K RNR The Rock Station
- Rock Around the Shop
- Tower Hotel Gifts
- Once Upon a Time
- Beverley Sunset
- Anaheim Produce
- Rosie's All-American Cafe
- Catalina Eddie's
- Fairfax Fare
- Hollywood Scoops
Download and print the Magical Beginnings Park Maps specially designed for Guests with little ones!
Park Opened: 1st May 1989
- Walt Disney's original, hand-drawn plans for the Walt Disney World® Resort can be seen in the "One Man's Dream." attraction.
- There are two ATMs at Disney Hollywood Studios: one just outside the Park entrance and one inside Toy Story Pizza Planet.
- Look for a key under the mat at Muppets 3D.
- Go right across the walkway at Star Tours and you'll see the 'Star Cruiser' backdrop, makes a great photo opportunity.
- At the entrance you'll see 'Crossroads of the World', this is an exact replica of the Crossroads in LA, apart from the added lightning rod shaped as Mickey Mouse that sits on top of the world.
- In the Star Tours queue area listen carefully and you'll hear a robot paging someone called 'Egroeg Sacul'. This is George Lucas spelled backwards.
- Take time to look at the hand prints in front of the Great Movie Ride, and compare your hands to those of a few famous stars.
- In front of the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, there is a well with a rope that is signposted "Do Not Pull Rope"... Go on Pull it, you'll get a surprise!