Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Sep 02, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Question DLP Sequoia Lodge 18th - 22nd Dec, is this a good price?

Presuming I can get the airmiles offer of 250 miles +£25 or so per person, would the following room and passes package seem reasonable?

Wed 18th - Sun 22nd Dec 2002 (3 nights, 4th free) inc breakfast and 5 day passes 2 adults and 2 children in Sequoia Lodge (love the look of the pool! ) £526

With Air France flights and transfers £997 (these are both booking through Disney direct)

Therefore the airmiles save me £350

The train would be a nightmare getting to Waterloo for 8am on a weekday, or an expensive hotel for the night. Then getting back on a Sunday! Heathrow is much easier.

Thomas Cook brochure returns £1 000 for flying same dates/package.

APs would be £340 & £338 for room & transport, so not worth it!

What do you all think?

BTW Leaving DH at home, me and the 3 girls!

Very provisional, bet it won't happen, DD1 doesn't want to go without DH!

Could I do better with an air miles or Tesco Clubcard package? Trouble is I don't seem to be a premium keycard holder at the moment, but have 2 years of vouchers stashed away!

Princess Fiona Dreaming on!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 02, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
keep on dreaming Princess Fiona, and you shall get to the ball. (well, to the castle anyway)

It sounds like a good deal to me. BA also have some cheap flights at the moment - not sure exactly what, I think £60ish.
don't know if that's any help or not.

I would definitely book your own flights, as the flights in the brochure were very expensive.

Could you fly from Stansted? Buzz fly from there and it's very cheap.

Bev
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 02, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Talking

Thanks Bev, thought I may get an answer from you! The BA flight prices are more like £90 for the times I'd want, the cheaper ones are disappearing rapidly from Heathrow. So better to use airmiles, but I haven't checked availability yet. Stansted is too much of a haul to not "waste" first day and avoid an overnight hotel, may as well go by Eurostar as Stansted!

There is a slight hitch in that DD1 does not want to be taken out of school for 3 days at the "fun part" ie end of term, a 12 yo that would rather be at school than Disney! Actually, the main reason is that she doesn't want to go without DH. DH doesn't want to come, and couldn't have the time off work anyway. I thought the girls would jump at the idea,but only 2 jumped!

Which hotel do others prefer? Newport Bay or Sequoia Lodge (at Christmas time) Which has the better pool, and more reasonably priced eats? Must have a pool see, Disneyland would be nice but is more ££££ss? We like both Wilderness Lodge and Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach Club, so I presume we'd like both. Is Newport Bay slightly closer to the Parks, or is there nothing in it?

Should I consider taking just 2 DDs?

Thanks again!

Fiona
Old 22 Sep 02, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
can't help with kate - I can't imagine not wanting to go! but then again, partys at school must be quite important when your 12.

The Hotel New York is the closest, then the sequioa and Newport Bay are both across the lake - in opposite directions, but probably about the same distance.

I really live the look of the Newport Bay, but it depends on which themeing you like. The Sequioa is along the lines of Wilderness Lodge with the dark wood etc - but it's not as impressive as the WL. I think it might feel nice and Christmassy though.

The decorations at the Newport Bay were all nautical, so wreaths with little lighthouses on etc. So very pretty, but not particularly christmas.

Bev
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 02, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post

I thought the Sequoia would be more Christmassy too, and I think Newport Bay pool would be shut our first two days!
Old 22 Sep 02, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Any flights going from Bristol - just an idea.
Kate must be the same as Helen she didn't want to miss school next July (fun time last few weeks at middle school) to go to WDW, we're going in August instead!
Old 22 Sep 02, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post

You are right Chris, she wasn't keen on missing a week last Feb, partly the catching up pressure & the "hard stares". We wouldn't have gone otherwise as the flights were too good to pass up!

Bristol flights cost a fortune, but I am looking at Elsie's flights for a £1 from mytravellite from Birmingham

With the extra hassle of Birmingham at 6am and travelling across Paris, I think airmiles option would be sensible, from Heathrow, at least DH could drop us on his way to work!
Closed Thread