Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jul 06, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Next Summer Sale

Does anyone know the date this will start - DW would like to know, I have done a google search and Sat 23rd July was suggested
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 06, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post

A friend of mine has said its saturday 22nd of july. 5am!

NIKKI
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 06, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Have u tried the nxt web-site?

I don't know either!
Old 10 Jul 06, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I thought it was always the last Saturday of July - therefore the 29th!
Old 10 Jul 06, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

I think its Sat 22nd this year. Im sure we had a thread about this awhile back and everyone seemed in agreement it was the 22nd.

On another site I use there are a few peeps who work for Next - I will see if they know for sure and report back! Cant miss the Next sale
rusty30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 06, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Damn - Why is the the 22nd! That is when my daughter gets married - Will be too busy to queue up at Next!

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 06, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm sure you can order online at midnight the night before the sale starts or did I imagine this? I have never managed this. Might try to this year though, I hate scavenging with the crowds for the bargains and there's no way I'm getting up at 5am on a weekend!
Old 10 Jul 06, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kjtinlin
slightly serious Dibber

Just had a friend who's a Senior Manager in Next confirm that the sale is indeed starting on July 22nd at 5am.

Edited to say that you can't buy sale stock online in advance as far as she knows, as Next Directory sends all their stuff to stores to sell. Apologies if she's wrong on this, but she doesn't think she is.

Kerry
kjtinlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 06, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I always find it incredible the scrum that develops at Next at sale time. Why do people do it? It has to be absolutely shopping hell. There seems to be plenty of those "Next to nothing" type places about where their stuff is cheap anyway...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 06, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

I only have trouble with the Xmas Sale (and luckily I will be 4000 miles from the nearest Next this year ). But the one day sales are usually OK. In fact I was the only lost soul at Lakeside branch in March (and no, it wasnt 5am either! ).

Its disgusting what people do at these sales though - I saw groups of people just throwing huge bundles of clothes into the big bags they supply, then passing them to other "family" sitting on the floor who were going through the stuff, chucking what they didnt want onto the floor! Awful.
rusty30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread