Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jul 06, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Stupid ?

Hi

Can anyone help, this is a totaly stupid ?, I wear a star of david necklace , which although to me is not a religious thing, I just like them. Do you think this will affend anyone either on the flight over to america or whilst there, or should I just take it off.

See told you it was stupid

Suzi
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 06, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post

The Americans are well on the side of those wearing the Star of David .
You will have no problems.

Marie
Old 21 Jul 06, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post

I can't see why anyone would be offended by it. People wear religious symbols everywhere. How many people wear a crucifix round their neck?

You will need to remove it if you're planning on going on any water slides though.
Old 21 Jul 06, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Star of david, I can understand, Its quite pretty in its own right, and no-one would be offended by it... (I wear a pentagram and people are often mistaken until they count the points)...

I dont understand the whole crucifix thing though... Not really wishing to start a religious debate but Im sure if Jesus came back, he wouldnt want to be reminded that we 'pinned him up' I mean, if he had come along in more modern times, would people be happy wandering around with miniature electric chairs round their necks, or syringes for 'lethal injections'... I dont think so
Old 21 Jul 06, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

Thanks All

Suzi
Old 21 Jul 06, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by pboniface
Star of david, I can understand, Its quite pretty in its own right, and no-one would be offended by it... (I wear a pentagram and people are often mistaken until they count the points)...

I dont understand the whole crucifix thing though... Not really wishing to start a religious debate but Im sure if Jesus came back, he wouldnt want to be reminded that we 'pinned him up' I mean, if he had come along in more modern times, would people be happy wandering around with miniature electric chairs round their necks, or syringes for 'lethal injections'... I dont think so

Bill hicks did a fantastic routine about jesus about how he wouldnt want to come back and see all those crosses, and said what if Kennedy came back and everyone was wearing guns around there neck...

As to offending anyone, cant see why they should be and tough if they are. Its not as if your wearing a swear word around your neck and people have to be tolerant and respect other people

Wear it and enjoy yourself
Old 21 Jul 06, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post

It's funny, I wear my pentacle in the UK and really nasty reactions, I wear it in the States and they're fine... :shrug: I'd wear it, no bother. Like someone else said, tough if people have a problem! X
Old 21 Jul 06, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post

[QUOTE=mariesoft]The Americans are well on the side of those wearing the Star of David .
You will have no problems.

Wouldn't walk around the Lebanon wearing it at the moment though!
Old 21 Jul 06, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
patm
Imagineer

patm's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Taioma
It's funny, I wear my pentacle in the UK and really nasty reactions, I wear it in the States and they're fine... :shrug: I'd wear it, no bother. Like someone else said, tough if people have a problem! X
It would depend upon which state you wore it in
Pat
patm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 06, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Suzi, your question isn`t stupid. :-) Nobody will be offended by you wearing a Star of David necklace, so don`t worry. It is up to you what you wear, not other people. My late nanna`s dad was a Russian Jew and I have a pair of Star of David earrings and matching necklace that were hers. When I wear them, some people comment how lovely they are. Have a fabulous holiday. :-)
Closed Thread