Notices

Old 18 Jul 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
**** AMENDED ****26 hours in Disney Aug 2018

So it’s me Jules 35 and my partner Darren 35 both Disney mad. We have three little girls between us ( none together) who are 11,8 and 7 who have all been to Disney several times, but ( please don’t lynch me ) are not coming on this trip. The girls are with their other parents for part of the summer holidays and we found ourselves with a very rare weekend off work together with no children. So of course what do we do ... Disney of course

I've never done a trip report before but we have vlogged some of our previous trips feel free to check them out here …………….

So a bit of background about how this trip came about we initially planned to go to London for the weekend but after working it out DLP was coming out at a similar price. My annual pass runs out this November and we’re not planning on renewing it as next year we are going to Florida Walt Disney world for the first time for our once in a life time trip. We also get heavily discounted Eurostar travel so it was a no brainer really. …….Now just to deal with my guilt. I always feel so guilty about not taking the kids with us anywhere we go but they are going abroad with their other parents and will be having an amazing time so I know they will be fine ( mum guilt hey) back to the report.

We wanted to get the first train 11th August Saturday morning but its indirect and bumps the cost up for us so were having to make do with the 10:17 direct train it means we lose a couple of hours but the price increase didn’t justify the couple of hours extra we would gain. It also means we save money on an overnight hotel in London. ( So I can buy more Disney merch …… Joking Darren all savings will be put in the Florida fund :P )

We plan to drop our bags at the concierge in Disney hoping I still get this free with my annual pass and then head straight in, we're having to buy Darren a day ticket as his annual pass has ran out now but this shouldn't take long. We want to try and get as many rides done as possible, not too bothered about characters and watch the new dreams. we know the parks pretty well so hoping to use this to our advantage as we know it will be busy

Were staying at the Ibis in val d Europe so once dreams is done we will jump on the train to the hotel check in and then do it all again the following day before getting the euro star back at around 5pm.

All in all its not a long amount of time in Disney but were confident we can get most of what we want to do done and if we don't who cares were in Disney right.

pic of the girls just to make me feel a little bit worse ha ha

I've never written a report before so hopefully it will read ok, I'm planning to write about Florida too so this is good practice for me.

EDITED TO ADD

****** update ******* arriving at gone 2pm when you only have 26 hours in Disney was playing heavily on our minds, so we have decided to swop our Eurostar to the Friday night now and go direct to Gare de nord stay there overnight at a cheap hotel then jump on the train to Disney first thing in the morning meaning we should be there for park opening. All that for an extra 4-5 hours ha ha but it does make a hell of a difference getting there earlier.  So now all I have to do is blag my boss to let me finish at 3pm on the Friday jump straight in the car get the train from Preston to London- Eurostar to Gare de nord and we will be there. I am going to be knackered aren’t I ha ha
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23

Edited at 11:16 AM. Reason: added info
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

How exciting and good for you having a trip just the two of you... it will be fab! It looks like we just crossover as we are there from 8th-12th August!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks, hope you have a great time xx
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List