Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 7 Dec 06, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Universal Studios ticket prices - depends on your IP address

Hi

This is a bit difficult to explain as I'm too new to post URLs, but hopefully is still useful to someone

I was looking at prices for Universal Studio park tickets from the official site and found I got a much better deal when I used my PC at work. From my home PC, a 2 park, 3 day ticket was $104.95 for adults and $94.95 for children. From my work PC, a 2 park, 7 day ticktet was $85.99 for both adults and children - the early bird offer.

I bought the tickets using my work PC and had no problems with a UK credit card address - there's an option for US or non-US addresses, and the only delivery option is "electronic pickup" anyway.

I looked into why the early bird offer wasn't available from my home PC, and found that when I clicked on the tickets link on the home page, an extra "uk" term is inserted in the web page address. The "uk" term isn't inserted when I click the linik om my work PC. Even when I type the unchanged address (as used by my work PC) into my home PC it still gets changed.

I tried deleting cookies and using Firefox instead of IE, but it made no difference.

So if you're looking for Universal Studios tickets and can't see the early bird offer, you might save a few dollars and get more time in the parks by using a different PC with a different ISP

cheers

Eddie
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 06, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking to buy Universal tickets so I will try both my PC and my work PC. Thanks
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 06, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post

I have found this too, there doesn't seem to be an easy way around it.
Old 8 Dec 06, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Been looking at this some more - you can use an anonymous proxy like proxify to get as far as the screen after you press the "Begin Purchase" button for the early bird tickets. Then you can cut and paste the link from the bar at the top of the proxify window into the browser address bar.

Once you get this far it seems you're past the point where you get diverted to the expensive tickets - just tried it on my home PC which didn't show the early bird tickets previously, and it lets me put them in the basket.

cheers

Eddie
Old 8 Dec 06, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
We've found that as long as we have the direct links to the ticket pages we're OK. But you have to know where they are - no point searching
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 06, 02:30 AM  
Link to this Post

The site detects the url and if it can tell you are in the UK it directs to to pages for that, however, for those who want it, hre is the driect url to the US ticket site

secure.universalstudios/w...gory=UOTPTLive

that is the page you end up at if it thinks you are inthe US
Old 10 Dec 06, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Stuart_D
Apprentice Imagineer

Stuart_D's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Good tip, but here's another. If you use AOL as your ISP try rebooting your router. Apparently there is a 2 in 5 chance that you will connect either with a non UK IP address. I've no idea if it works with other IPS's but it certainly does with AOL.
Stuart_D is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 06, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
FRANKLIN
Helping Mickey

Thanks for the above link, just saved £££s on 7 day tickets.

FRANKLIN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 06, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post

I was struggling to order the $85.99 tickets.so ended up calling them, I got an early bird discount ( were not going till oct07 ) so ended up even cheaper. $362 which she said inc delivery ( ill let you know when they get here )
Old 12 Dec 06, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by richard.woodyet
I was struggling to order the $85.99 tickets.so ended up calling them, I got an early bird discount ( were not going till oct07 ) so ended up even cheaper. $362 which she said inc delivery ( ill let you know when they get here )

Was that the US or UK phone number? I think I might do the same. We dont go until Sept '07 and any savings would be greatly appreciated

Lisa x
Closed Thread