Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Feb 07, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Birthday Treat For 3 Year Old?

Hello,
What would i be best doing to celebrate our 2 year old daughters Birthday?
She will be 3 August 5th.
Any Ideas would be highly appreciated.
Can i ask to anyone who replies to reply in full and not abbreviate in letters as sometimes i haven't a clue what people mean!

Thankyou,
Silvermane
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 07, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
You have various character meal options which would be ideal as a birthday treat. This is obviously if your little one is ok with the characters. Sometimes small children can be a little frightened as they are quite big!

Chef Mickeys would probably be ideal, but it would depend on which characters your child likes.

You also have princess meals as well as the meal at the Castle with Cinderella.

We did the family magic tour for our sons 4th birthday which was great. Its sort of a treasure hunt around the Magic Kingdom searching for Captain Hooks hook. But it does last for 2 hours so it may be too long for your daughter at her age.

Take a look here for a few ideas,

allearsnet/pl/bday.htm

I think the trick at this age is to choose something quite simple as that is what most 3 years olds like best. If it were me i would book a character meal and arrange for a cake at the meal. I would then take them to Magic Kingdom and do some of their favourite rides or if swimming is their thing (which it was when my son was 3) then maybe a day at the water parks. A lot of kids pick swimming or the villa pool as the highlight of their holiday!

My son will be 5 when we go in Sept and i am going to book the pirate cruise for him and his brother from the Grand Floridian.

Hope you find something you are happy with.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013

Edited at 07:25 PM.
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 07, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz
Imagineer

Gaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
if she likes winnie the pooh then i can recommend the Crystal palace for breakfast. the setting, food,staff and charachter interaction was brills. also dont forget her birthday badge from customer relations
Gaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 07, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi everyone, Thankyou for your replies. It means a lot.
I am totally gutted because i have been counting down the days with the Disney counter on here. Infact today i added up the days on my calender and i go on holiday in 156 days and not in 184.
I have been planning and studying the web site waiting for the 180 day mark for the Advanced Dining Reservation "ADR" and it appears it passed 22 days ago.
My dates are correct in my control panel & on my computer so i do not know what happened.
I urge people to check their dates on a calender at home to avoid disappointment.

Edited at 02:46 PM.
Old 22 Feb 07, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
jacqui1965
Excited about Disney

thats because youve more than likely counted today & the day you actually go on your holiday... i dont count these 2...makes it come around quicker lol

jacqui

you'll be there when we will... who knows we might pass you in the parks sometime lol
jacqui1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 07, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jacqui1965
thats because youve more than likely counted today & the day you actually go on your holiday... i dont count these 2...makes it come around quicker lol

jacqui

you'll be there when we will... who knows we might pass you in the parks sometime lol
We go towards the end of July! 156 days

Edited at 02:46 PM.
Old 22 Feb 07, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post

I've booked a reservation without any problems in August for my daughters
third birthday. Im so excited, I'm going to leave it a total surprise for the family.
Its at Epcot at Princess Storybook Dining.
Thankyou for all your thoughts & wishes,
Silvermane.

Edited at 02:57 PM.
Old 22 Feb 07, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Treacle44
Imagineer

Treacle44's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
If she'll sit still long enough Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is fantastic for her to be made up like a princess!

2011 - AKL/BCV ~ 2010 - VWL/SSR/BCV ~ 2009 - POP CENTURY ~ 2007 - VWL/BCV/SSR ~ 2006 - POP CENTURY ~ 2004 - LAKE BUENA VISTA SUITES
Treacle44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 07, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

We booked Chef Mickeys for my daughter's 4th birthday. She is very shy and doesn't talk to people she doesn't know, but she absolutely loved it! She dressed up as Minnie and all the characters made a real fuss of her. We didn't bother with a cake.The staff brought out a cup cake with a candle on it and everyone sang a Disney happy birthday. She kept her head down during the singing but the smile on her face at the end said it all.
We then went to magic Kingdom where we got a birthday badge from Guest Relations. I lost count of the times people wished her Happy Birthday, and during the parade lots of characters made a point of coming up to her for a wave or tap on the head. She got a special cuddle from Minnie.
It all made for a wonderfull day which she still talks about now.
I'm sure any of the character meals would be just as good. They know how to do it in style at Disney.
Old 22 Feb 07, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Treacle44
If she'll sit still long enough Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is fantastic for her to be made up like a princess!
I have been looking into this, it would be so special, unfortunately her hair is not long enough yet to do anything with although i guess they would sort something out.
I wouldn't mind it myself!
Closed Thread