Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Apr 07, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
00swan
Imagineer

00swan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
MGM: Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Dinner Package

Hi - we've decided we want to go for the Fantasmic Dinner Package & have chosen H&V as our preferred restaurant - to be honest, when it gets late in the day & we've been doing Disney all day, we don't want anything too fancy - hope this fits?

What I really need to know is do we really have to book it in advance (going May 07)?

Can we book it when we get there in the morning?

We're really not sure what day we're going to MGM yet & am nervous of booking ADR & then having to mess people around.

Thanks Guys,
H.

* Orlando: 2006/2007/2010/2014/2016/2017/2018/2019
+ new booking Apr/May 2022

* New York/Orlando mix: 2012

* New York: May 2015/Dec 2021
00swan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 07, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
It depends on the day I suppose, but due to the fact that you are under time constraints an ADR would be advisable.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 07, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post

I would book an ADR and do the fantasmic package, its dead easy, I honestly dont know why I got all nervous when I first made our ADR's! H & V is a decent buffet restraunt which has something to keep everyone happy - a really good choice IMO
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 07, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post

What kind of food does Hollywood and Vine offer on their buffet?

What sort of prices?
Old 8 Apr 07, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Jules - allearsnet gives you an idea of whats on H&V buffet and price on their menus.
Old 8 Apr 07, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Its a set price - I think about $25 for an adult but I cant remember exactly!

They have all the usual salads, shrimp, breads, some sort of chicken dish, carved topside of beef, rice, veg, mashed spuds as well as the usual chicken tenders/fries/corn/mac cheese etc

And also a dessert table where you help yourself to all manner of puds & ice cream yummmmmm
Old 9 Apr 07, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for that. I had looked on allears a few weeks back but the list wasn't very comprehensive - I like to know what I'm getting - as do most Dibbers, or we wouldn't be here!
Old 9 Apr 07, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
00swan
Imagineer

00swan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CBR600
I would book an ADR and do the fantasmic package, its dead easy, I honestly dont know why I got all nervous when I first made our ADR's! H & V is a decent buffet restraunt which has something to keep everyone happy - a really good choice IMO
I think I'll book the ADR when we're there & know a little more about when we're likely to be at MGM.
We plan an itinerary to show where we want to go, but it seems to get swapped around a lot !

* Orlando: 2006/2007/2010/2014/2016/2017/2018/2019
+ new booking Apr/May 2022

* New York/Orlando mix: 2012

* New York: May 2015/Dec 2021
00swan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 07, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi ,
Just a thought, booking on the day might not be an option (they could be booked up ) do remember that the ADR's have been open for some 180 days (190 days if you are staying on site) if I were you I would try to make an ADR for the day/time you want and at least you will know if that particular date/time is available, if not available you could ask what is available during your holiday. Remember you will need a credit card to guarantee your booking (no money will be taken at the time of booking) but if you do not cancel at least 48 hrs ahead of your reservation, your card will be charged if you do not show up! Making an ADR is a simple proceedure and might be to your advantage, why wait ?
Best of luck whatever you decide, Regards, AJAXON .
Old 9 Apr 07, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post

For the Fantasmic Package I think you would need to book in advance as only a limited number of slots are allocated for the Fantasmic Package. Remember if you want to cancel or change an ADR at a later date it is only a phone call or you can cancel at any guest services location or restaurant podium. With the Fantasmic Package there is a cancellation charge so you would have the $10 fee charged if you don't cancel within the 48 hour time period.
It all depends how much you are bothered about being disappointed. You could try on the day but may not get in. With an ADR you know you will get a table and the reserved seating.
Closed Thread