Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Apr 07, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Thumbs up ADR Greed?

Hi all!

Our first family trip to Orlando the first two weeks in October.

We definately want to book a character meal, and have been thoroughly reccomended Chef Mickeys. We are now within the 180days booking time.

However we cannot decide at this point whether to have breakfast or dinner, or possibly both?.

Is it relatively acceptable to book both breakfast and dinner (different days!), and then call nearer time (or when there) to cancel one if need be?

I have a feeling there may be a way that WDW will try to stop this as some people may book breakfast for each of their 14days and then cancel 13 of them nearer time! Do they take CC details or a deposit maybe?

Thanks for your tips in advance!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Hi Stug

Yes you can book as many ADR's as you like, same days, different days. But if you are not going to go to any, it's nice to cancel so that if anybody else is wanting to go at the same time they might have a chance.

Cinderellas Royal Table requires a CC, I can't think of anymore at this time, but I am sure someone will be along to add some more..
Old 14 Apr 07, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post

California Grill requires a CC too.

We ofen swap about or sometimes cancel our ADRs once we are there.
We always phone to let them know as soon as possible if we are cancelling, so they can open up the table for others
Old 14 Apr 07, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Hi

I dont make too many especially if i know im might not be using them. I will make 5 for the 14 days im there, a mix of breakfast, lunch and dinners.

I personaly wouldn't make lots for all the diff days as i dont think its fair on others but i also understand that you may not want to go to that particular park on that day or whatever but anytime we hae been in a diff park we just adjust our day to suit going to that park for our evening meal or whatever.

Also, others may disagree but i have managed to get a walk up Character meal for the day every time i go to WDW and also at the Rose and Crown for Illuminations and we noramally holiday in July.

You may not get the EXACT time you want for your meal but we have always been lucky and got it close to the time.

Work out a rough intinery, write down the places youd like to eat and make some ADRs. Just remember and cancel the ones you dont want.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post

There is nothing to stop you making many more ADRs than you will need and then choosing to cancel some nearer the time. Only a few have a CC charge when you book and this is refundable if you cancel within the time limit.
Old 14 Apr 07, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post

One or two extra is fine but booking loads just in case is unfair.
Old 14 Apr 07, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I have made 20 ADRs; breakfast, dinners and afternoon tea over a 14 day period. We love character meals and are trying a few new Disney restaurants.

I'm not planning on cancelling any but will give as much notice as possible if we have to cancel. I wanted to make sure that we would be able to eat where and when we wanted, that's why we have so many. We like to eat a substantial breakfast then nothing until dinner apart from drinks/fruit.

We have free DDP so I think many restaurants will be full although I have rung this week to change and add one and didn't have a problem.

Caron
Old 14 Apr 07, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
magick
Apprentice Imagineer

We have booked 3 ADR's for our upcoming trip (staying offsite)
Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Dinner package c/c required
Kona Cafe Dinner no c/c required
Chef Mickeys Breakfast 09 Oct no c/c required

can't wait.

magick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread