Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Apr 07, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post

:) Gluten free eating (Coeliac)

I am going to Orlando in Aug this yr and have a 13yr old daughter who needs a gluten free diet, could anyone reccommend any places to eat and places where gluten free food can be brought.

Edited at 09:48 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 07, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Hiya Lauren
Welcome to the Dibb
I dont know of anywhere personally but I found THIS that you might like to read
Old 22 Apr 07, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Tess, all info appreciated
Old 22 Apr 07, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ann&les
Imagineer

Hi Lauren

Outback Steakhouse has a good GF Menu.

Ann
ann&les is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 07, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Try sending a PM to ClareH - she has a gluten free diet and when we were away in Dec she had no problem at all.
Old 22 Apr 07, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JaneSi View Post
Try sending a PM to ClareH - she has a gluten free diet and when we were away in Dec she had no problem at all.
Thanks, struggling to do the PM thing at the moment
Old 22 Apr 07, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Lauren,
We are off to WDW in May for the first time. My 11 year old daughter is a coeliac too and I have been doing lots of research on this. The Outback has a GF menu as does Carrabba. Disney itself appears to be very good on GF menu. I have made about 4 ADR's with various Disney restaurants and have told them about my DD dietary needs and they have said this is no problem and have noted it in my reservation. They say that the chef will come and speak to us and let her know what she can have! Apparantly Mama Melrose at MGM do GF Pizzas and various restaurants etc around the parks do GF rolls etc. (sounds amazing doesn't it! ). The best thing I have done is to e mail brenda.bennett@disney.com and she e mailed me back with some info about dining and some attachments which I have printed off which shows all the gf products available in the parks. I think i am going to take a supply of gf rolls with us that you get in the sealed packs, as we are going to be having packed lunches during the day and a meal in the evening.
Hopefully everything else should be available in Walmart (although I haven't managed to get a gf product list, that would have been useful!).
It sounds very promising, I will write a post when we get back to see how we actually got on!
Old 22 Apr 07, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jlo View Post
Hi Lauren,
We are off to WDW in May for the first time. My 11 year old daughter is a coeliac too and I have been doing lots of research on this. The Outback has a GF menu as does Carrabba. Disney itself appears to be very good on GF menu. I have made about 4 ADR's with various Disney restaurants and have told them about my DD dietary needs and they have said this is no problem and have noted it in my reservation. They say that the chef will come and speak to us and let her know what she can have! Apparantly Mama Melrose at MGM do GF Pizzas and various restaurants etc around the parks do GF rolls etc. (sounds amazing doesn't it! ). The best thing I have done is to e mail brenda.bennett@disney.com and she e mailed me back with some info about dining and some attachments which I have printed off which shows all the gf products available in the parks. I think i am going to take a supply of gf rolls with us that you get in the sealed packs, as we are going to be having packed lunches during the day and a meal in the evening.
Hopefully everything else should be available in Walmart (although I haven't managed to get a gf product list, that would have been useful!).
It sounds very promising, I will write a post when we get back to see how we actually got on!
Thanks this is great, we are staying in a villa so an ADR will not work also we have been before, before my daughter was diagnosed so will not be doing many of the parks. look forward to hearing how it goes for you.
Old 22 Apr 07, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi Lauren, here's my dining report from December. I was really nervous as it was my first trip since being diagnosed but I needn't have worried, everything went brilliantly, both onsite and offsite.

Like jlo says, email Brenda - she is an absolute gem. Some of the Disney restaurants have gluten free items as standard (she will provide a list) whilst some need a little notice to get gluten free things in.

If you're after a counterservice pizza try Pizza Planet as they do fresh gluten free pizzas (they are made at Mamma Melrose) - they taste amazing!

I'm not sure where to buy gluten free food as I found most of the counterservice & sitdown restaurants provided everything I needed, although I did take my own gluten free snacks.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 07, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Clare hi, this is great thanks an email will be sent shortly.
Closed Thread