Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 4 May 07, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Anyone got a Disabled parking tag yet?

Just wondering if any Dibbers have actually got one of the temporary disabled parking tags yet.

We are hoping we have time to collect one on the way from the airport. We arrive on a Friday afternoon landing at 1.20pm and if we can't make it to the tax collector's office before 4.30pm we won't be able to get one until the following Monday.

Any tips about which office is closest to LBV or easiest to find (I'm thinking the one on Boggy Creek Road?) and what the procedure is when we get there would be appreciated.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 07, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
stan
Proud to wear my Ears

stan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wink stan

we have taken our blue disabled parking badge with us for the last 3 years .this has always been accepted without any problems so you won,t need to get one over there.
stan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 07, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by stan View Post
we have taken our blue disabled parking badge with us for the last 3 years .this has always been accepted without any problems so you won,t need to get one over there.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, stan, but the law has changed recently and you do need to get a tag or risk a parking fine if you use a disabled bay.
Old 5 May 07, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
stan
Proud to wear my Ears

stan's Reviews
stan

thanks for letting me know lynn. i will have to get one myself
stan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 07, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Not done it yet as they are only valid for 90 days so I thought I would apply near the time.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 07, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ceri
Imagineer

ceri's Reviews
Just a FYI for anyone visiting Massachusetts, I have just contacted their RMV and a uk blue badge is recognised in that state. I know its not much help in Orlando but as it has taken me ages to get a definitive answer it may be of use to anyone planning a Boston trip.

April 2001 Hawthorn Suites LBV,
April 2002 QIP,
Oct 2003 Homewood Suites Universal,
April 2005 Villa Greater Groves,
June 2005 Europa Park Germany,
Sept 2007 Boston, Fort Wilderness Cabin & HRH.
Nov /Dec 2008 HRH, Cypress Point & FW cabins.
Oct 2009 OKW & Boston
ceri is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 07, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lyn there is a thread somewhere on the other website from Simon V saying there now arnt doing it by post
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 07, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
here it is Lynn

OK, here's another up-date, courtesy of our friends at the Kissimmee CVB (while Visit Florida continue to be notably silent on the matter ).

The Kissimmee CVB have been speaking to the Osceola County tax office and they have been told, fairly unequivocally, that the Osceola Tax office will NOT mail out any parking permits to anyone, and it is no use sending in postal applications, sadly. So, for those people who have been told by the tax office they they can apply by mail, they have either got hold of a very sympathetic official, or they will not get the parking permit through the post as you hoped.

This is obviously another backward step in this process, but it confirms what we suspected but could not clarify before, namely that the postal idea never seemed workable, largely because the US tax offices simply don't usually work with postal applications for things like this. You either appear in person (and stand in line) or you don't get the necessary parking permit/vehicle licence, etc.

We have asked the Kissimmee CVB if they can help put some pressure on the powers that be, and we await any further reaction from them on this (although they have indicated in the past it is something they could do, as it obviously affects them directly).
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 07, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Just bumping in case anyone recently returned has any news.
Old 3 Jun 07, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I wish I could help you, you you tried sending Simon a pm? Perhaps he may know more, I wish you luck and hope you get sorted
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread