Old 13 May 07, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
with regard to the TCD thread

what would you do if you were in that situation and you had a special needs child . I carry some stuff on the handluggage eg meds etc. but with the restrictions now and limited to what one can carry on. stuff like slings, mattress etc would all be in the cases. I know this would be the worst case scenerio but I would like to have a plan of action in my head.
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 07, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Seriously - I wouldn't even think about flying with TCD in such circumstances.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 07, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Ali, I would be talking to them even before booking to see exactly what help they can offer. Assistance on and off the aircraft should be no different to any other airline as this is provided by ground staff and not the airline, the guys at Sanford are excellent as you already know.

In the worst case you could pay for the double baggage allowance, but I would hope they would allow you a free medical bag and possibly even let you have those precious and hard to replace things in a cabin bag.

We've never travelled with TCD so haven't researched the options with them, sorry.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 07, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Originally Posted by loadsapixiedust View Post
Ali, I would be talking to them even before booking to see exactly what help they can offer. Assistance on and off the aircraft should be no different to any other airline as this is provided by ground staff and not the airline, the guys at Sanford are excellent as you already know.

In the worst case you could pay for the double baggage allowance, but I would hope they would allow you a free medical bag and possibly even let you have those precious and hard to replace things in a cabin bag.

We've never travelled with TCD so haven't researched the options with them, sorry.
sorry everyone think I worded it all wrong

what I meant to ask was in the worst case scenario if you were delayed like the TCD passengers and like them they wern't allowed there luggage back of the aircraft and they put you up for the night all DS medical stuff like sling, mattress etc would all be in the cases.
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 07, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ali and boyz View Post

what I meant to ask was in the worst case scenario if you were delayed like the TCD passengers and like them they wern't allowed there luggage back of the aircraft and they put you up for the night all DS medical stuff like sling, mattress etc would all be in the cases.
Orlando Regional Health Care Systems: St. Cloud, FL 407-892-2135
maybe able to help or tell you where you could get help.
Old 13 May 07, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Originally Posted by ali and boyz View Post

I knew what you meant.

This can't be an unheard of situation, and you would imagine the aircraft operators could recover essential items (maybe they need to be tagged specially and loaded in a specific part of the hold?). However I wouldn't have any confidence that TCD could do that.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 07, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello there,

We have always booked with TCD for the past 3 years. My son is disabled and is completely wheelchair dependant. TCD have always been very helpful. Its not so much the taking of the chair thats the problem, he has specially made cushions for it, head restraints, etc. I have always worried about these going in the hold for obvious reasons, the cabin crew have always allowed us to take them on board the plane and stored in overhead locker even though they are quite bulky.I explained that if they were to be lost or anything happened that S needs them as part of his chair. I don't know if this is at their discretion or if it is the norm, I just thought I'd let you know our experiences. Last year, they even allowed us to keep his footplates for his chair, as the year before the ground staff at Sanford had mislaid one

Old 16 May 07, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Originally Posted by Littletinker View Post
Hello there,

We have always booked with TCD for the past 3 years. My son is disabled and is completely wheelchair dependant. TCD have always been very helpful. Its not so much the taking of the chair thats the problem, he has specially made cushions for it, head restraints, etc. I have always worried about these going in the hold for obvious reasons, the cabin crew have always allowed us to take them on board the plane and stored in overhead locker even though they are quite bulky.I explained that if they were to be lost or anything happened that S needs them as part of his chair. I don't know if this is at their discretion or if it is the norm, I just thought I'd let you know our experiences. Last year, they even allowed us to keep his footplates for his chair, as the year before the ground staff at Sanford had mislaid one

thanks , we have traveled few times now since DS accident and we are fine it was with everything it was just reading the TCD got me thinking what would one do in the event of a long delay if you had to stay overnight say a realy long delay and all the medical stuff (not the wheelchair) is in the hold in your luggage
Old 16 May 07, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread