Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 27 May 07, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
gingababe
Very Serious Dibber

How do I get it home, If I buy it?

Hi ,

I`m sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have just been on Walmarts site & dound a fantastic kitchen that my little girl would love , if I brought it while I`m over there , does anyone know how much this would cost to get home?

I`m getting so excited..

Thanks for all your help.

Helen
gingababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 07, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post

I don't really know the answer to your question. However we were in the airport last year waiting for our flight home and I saw a fantastic Cinderella's castle in the Disney store which I wanted to buy for my DD for Christmas. When I asked how much it would be to ship it home he told me it would cost as much as the castle cost in the first place, which was about $60, so it wasn't worth doing. I ended up buying a similar one in the UK but obviously paid more for it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 07, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Who are you flying with? If it's with Virgin or BA then you can just check it as one of your pieces of luggage (depending on the weight of the box), If it's with a charter then it's unlikely they would accept it within your luggage allowance.

We brought home a rocking chair last year, flying with BA, and they never batted an eye.

if you have to ship it, then it is unlikely to be cost effective, shipping from the USA is quite pricey and you pay by the size of the box as well as the weight, and I would expect the box will be quite big.

If you have the dimensions and weight, then you can get an estimate from UPS wwwapps.ups/calTimeCost?loc=en_US and from the US Postal Service ircalc.usps.gov/
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 07, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Norn Iron
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MichelleP1 View Post
I don't really know the answer to your question. However we were in the airport last year waiting for our flight home and I saw a fantastic Cinderella's castle in the Disney store which I wanted to buy for my DD for Christmas. When I asked how much it would be to ship it home he told me it would cost as much as the castle cost in the first place, which was about $60, so it wasn't worth doing. I ended up buying a similar one in the UK but obviously paid more for it.
I bought the same castle easter 2006 at DTD for my DD at christmas they were gona charge me $80 to ship it to N.IrelandAnyway asked for one still in its shipping box(the brown one)and checked it in with the rest of my luggage. Virgin even stuck a big fragile sticker on it It arrived in Belfast in perfect condition. Customs lauged at me at george best airport when he asked if i had any thing to declare. (NOonly 5 cases and a great big box)DDwas well pleased on Christmas day

Norn Iron is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 07, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post

I suppose we could have done that but we had already checked in and were browsing the shops in the airport so it would have been too late! Glad your DD liked it though. We got one from the Disney Store in the UK which isn't quite as good but DD still loves it.
Old 27 May 07, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Why did you have to go through customs at City airport on an Internal flight, when we came back there was no customs to go through,just went and collected cases as normal.
Old 27 May 07, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Norn Iron
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rpbert1 View Post
Why did you have to go through customs at City airport on an Internal flight, when we came back there was no customs to go through,just went and collected cases as normal.
our bags were checked through to belfast from Orlando dont know why they done it they stopped everyone comin off our flight from gatwick

Norn Iron is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 07, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Norn Iron
Imagineer

i near had heart failure if they had of opened my cases i would have been in trouble first time i had ever seen customs at the city airport

Old 27 May 07, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Shogun
Apprentice Imagineer

Brought this back in the hold on the plane. It was in polystyrene packing plus inner and outer box with case straps for handles. I was real worried but it came home sound.
Old 27 May 07, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
slowmo
Excited about Disney

Who are you flying with? If it's with Virgin or BA then you can just check it as one of your pieces of luggage (depending on the weight of the box), If it's with a charter then it's unlikely they would accept it within your luggage allowance.

We traveled with TCD last year and while waiting on our luggage at Manchester were amazed at what went around the carousel. There were two of the life sized creepy Butlers from Walmart (it was near Halloween), Various very large toys and an electric outboard motor.
So I guess some charters will take it as long as its within your weight allowance.

Stu
slowmo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread