Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jun 07, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post

wHERE WOULD YOU BUY YOUR HALLOWEEN COSTUMES FOR MNSSHP?

Over here or in Florida?
We are planning on attending next year and wondered where to get some great costumes from?
(Mainly for the DS'S, 11and 12 yrs)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 07, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Walmart sell loads of them, I've bought a few there for my DD's over the last few years! Target also do them and they are really cheap

HTH
Old 3 Jun 07, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Walmart and Publix had a really good selection last year, at very silly prices, Lin - I bought a full length velvet cloak for $11, a black cocktail style dress to go under it for $9, kitted DS up as Darth Vader for around $14, DD2 as tinkerbell for the same price as DS , and DD1, Mil and DH were also kitted out for a similar price

Love Suexx
Old 3 Jun 07, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
gingababe
Very Serious Dibber

Our family (me, hubbie,daughter, my m&d & my auntie & uncle) are going to MNSSHP, I`m so excited , we will dress Olivia (my daughter) up but do the rest of us get dressed up ?
What do you all reckon, I want to get in the spirit of it all .

Looking forward to your replys
Helen
gingababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 07, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Walmart, K Mart and Super Target all have a huge selection of costumes for Halloween although I have to say get them as soon as possible as we noticed a big difference in selection in the two weeks were there.
Old 3 Jun 07, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post

We bought a costume for all of us in Walmart last year for ridiculously cheap prices. We all dressed up for the first party we went to but only DS and DD got dressed up for the second because DH and I had got far too hot at the first one. I have to say though that I think the children enjoyed the first party more brcause we got a lot more attention with all of us dressed up.
Old 3 Jun 07, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sean_and_Sue View Post
Walmart and Publix had a really good selection last year, at very silly prices, Lin - I bought a full length velvet cloak for $11, a black cocktail style dress to go under it for $9, kitted DS up as Darth Vader for around $14, DD2 as tinkerbell for the same price as DS , and DD1, Mil and DH were also kitted out for a similar price

Love Suexx
Hi

Sorry to but in on the thread but...

We are going to the party this year on 14th Sept (loads of other Dibbers going that evening as well) Do you think that all the stores mentioned on this thread and others will be selling the Halloween related goods that early in September, or will we have to fill part of our valuable luggage space with costumes?

Regards, AJAXON
Old 3 Jun 07, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggernut
Imagineer

Does anyone know whether Walmart etc sell halloween clothing in larger sizes - I'm a size 26 and want to dress up but I'm wondering whther to make myself a costume before we go or whether I'll be able to buy stuff there?
1992(Honeymoon)&1993 Quality Inn International; 1995, 1997, 2006 and 2009 West Coast; 1996 & 1999 Comfort Inn LBV; 2004 Indian Ridge; 2005 & 2011 Regal Palms; 2007 & 2010 The Manors at West Haven; 2008 Sunridge Woods; 2012 Boston and New York 2013 Sandy Ridge 2014 Colorado/Utah/Vegas 2015 Manors North at West Haven 2016 LV/SF/YOSEMITE 2017 Canada 2017 Indian Ridge Oaks
Tiggernut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 07, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm also considering dressing up for MNSSHP (tickets for 30th Sept) however as we've not got car hire is Walmart easy/cheap enough to get too by taxi or bus?

Probably try and convince DF that he has to dress up too if we find some good costumes
Old 3 Jun 07, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post

AJAXON - The first party we went to last year was on the 15th September and we had no problem with costumes from walmart - loads of choice.

Tiggernut - This was something which also concerned me as I'm as size 22/24- I figured that if they had a costume big enough I would dress up and if they didn't I wouldn't. I was really impressed in Walmart to find that not only did they have costumes, but I also had a choice.
Closed Thread