Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Mar 08, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Help convert me ... please

Booked up to go with the family to Disney area in June / July.

My better half and I are not really looking forward to it, But i think that its the sort of place that kids should go to at least once so we have taken the plunge. (cant believe how cheap the accommodation and car hire are)

My biggest concerns are the queuing for rides and driving on different side of the roads with a different car?

Can any of you nice people help allay my fears and give me some good first timer advice (what i must see and don't need to see) where to eat for families and wither i should get my tickets in advance etc.

Any help would be very much appreciated
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 08, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerfan144
Imagineer

tiggerfan144's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi and welcome to the dibb. Where are you staying that would give a better idea of where to eat and stuff. best advice i can give is keep reading the posts on here and plan plan plan lol. Ive had friends that went not really thinking they would enjoy disney but they really really enjoyed it as i am sure you will. neer been at that time of year so do not know about queues and stuff but i have been August at busy time and yes there were queues there but disney have a way of getting peole on and off rides quickly and smoothly they certainly know how to do queues. Driving is fine there are great tips on here just read up before you go about rules at traffic lights and stuff. Im sure you will have a great time

Howard Johnson Maingate west (1995), Villa (1997), Gateway Inn (1999), Sheraton World (2000), Rodeway Inn (2002), Springhill Suites (2004), Caribbean Beach/Crowne Plaza (2006) AKL/HRH/Rodeway inn (2009)

And Becky makes four
tiggerfan144 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 08, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

I am new to the disney experience in Florida (I have been to the Paris one twice) so can not offer you first hand experience, however I will say that although I am so excited to be going, my husband is not (he wants to go back to Cypus), but like your self I made the decision to book as the kids are getting older and think it is one holiday experience that kids AND adults should do if they can. I would say browse this forum - which I have found great for advice but also to get you hooked on Disney (I don't need any persuasion mind). This is going to be probably a one off for us, so we are going to make the most of it by taking a lot of spending money so we can go mad with soverniers and buy loads of clothes. We are also going to do the dolphin swim.

Just remember that a lot of people do not have the opportunity to go to Florida for what ever reason and will be very envious of you. Go with an open mind and make the most of it, I am sure you will love it.

Old 17 Mar 08, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disneycarla
Apprentice Imagineer

my husband did not want to go to flordia and under a bit of pressure he went he also said he didit want to drive but because we were staying in a villa he had to we are going in sept for our 5th vist and he pefers driveing out there to hear and he drives for a liveing i dont know many people who dont get bitten by the bug i surpose there are a few but i have yet to met them i would agree just keep looking on here and you will get all the tips you need to help you plan and thats a must have a great hoilday
disneycarla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 08, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post

:) Thanks

Wow cant believe i've had replies already, thanks a million

We will be staying in the lake davenport area and flying into Sanford.

Travelcity seem to best for ticket prices, and agree that every one who has been say it will be the best holiday of my life.
Old 17 Mar 08, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post

I was really impressed with TCD, they were so helpful and really know their stuff about Flordia - the only reason we did not book with them was because we would have had to drive down to Manchester which would have added on to our journey - it made more sense to book from our local airport - Newcastle.

You see your starting to get the Dusney bug already!
Old 17 Mar 08, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post

whoops that should have said Disney not Dusney! ha ha
Old 17 Mar 08, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have a great time - you'll be hooked before you know it
How old are your children ?

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 08, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Anzolo
Imagineer

Hi and welcome to the Dibb.

My advice would be to take every thing as is happens. You will have ups and downs (we had loads on our first trip), but try and make the most of everything.

Disney do everything so well, utilise the fast passes as much as possible to avoid too much queueing.

I can't comment on the driving as DW does it all, but it can be a bit hairy at times.

We first went as a "Once in a life time trip" and are on our 4th this year!

Most of all enjoy yourself.

Michael

DLP 2001. Holiday Inn Maingate West 2003, 2005, Villas of Somerset 2007. Indian Point 2008. AKV 2010. AKV & BLT 2011. VB & AKV 2013. NYC, AKV, VGF 2015. AKV & VGF 2017. OKW & AKV 2019.
Anzolo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 08, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BillyC72 View Post
Wow cant believe i've had replies already, thanks a million

We will be staying in the lake davenport area and flying into Sanford.

Travelcity seem to best for ticket prices, and agree that every one who has been say it will be the best holiday of my life.
Hi, I only joined a month ago and its a fab site, even though we had been to Orlando a couple of times before we found some super tips.

For tickets try disneys own website, but on the whole most people are within a couple of ££'s of each other.

You will love it! Our kids are at that intermediate age of too old to believe it all but not grown up enough to just love all the details. I'm not a ride person but really enjoy it over there, got back at the end of Feb and can't wait to go again.

Just keep logging in and reading and you'll find out all you need. Read lots of trippies and you'll get ideas. But be prepared to need a holiday to recover!