Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Mar 04, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post

First draft...

Fly out May 20th (together with our son's best friend's family)

May 21 - if over the excitement/tiredness MK 1st day up (beacuse it's suggested Friday's a quieter day there than other days)

May 22 - 25 don't know yet!

May 26 - Discovery Cove (all booked and paid (aaarrghh!) for)

May 28 - our daughter's 7th birthday. Have already booked priority seating for a Cinderella Royal Table breakfast!

May 29 - Our anniversary - nothing planned yet

May 30 - Jun 2 not sure yet

June 3 - Son's best friends 9th birthday. Dinner at the Rainforest Cafe, Downtown Disney

Now just got the blanks to fill in!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 04, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
HolyCow
Apprentice Imagineer

HolyCow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You should still be on British time the first day so likely to be up and raring to go at around 5 am. Make the best of it but don't plan a late night.
Old 8 Mar 04, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

Hi Statto! If I am right that this is your first trip to WDW (if not ignore the rest!) then I would suggest another park than MK for your first day. Couple of reasons: 1. As it's your first day, you'll be somewhat foggy from the jet lag, and, if the tiredness kicks in early (you or the kids!) it may not be the best initiation - MK is (IMO) a harder park to navigate and get to grips with as a newbie than any of the others..2. General advice from a variety of sources suggests that, having been exposed to the wonders of MK, the archetypal Disney Park, many young kids are then disappointed that the rest of the theme parks are not the same...

I would propose the following order of visits:- first park day - AK - it's beautifully scenic, there's a mix of 'rides' (but only a few) attractions and shows, and it's very do-able in one day, so if you are fatigued early, you won't feel that it is a wasted day.

2nd Park- Epcot - cos of it's slightly more adulty feel, and yet with a lot for children, it shouldn't over-excite!

3rd park- MGM - lots more rides and shows etc, closer to the MK model but still less intense, and, again, do-able in one day.

4th park - MK - you should be seasoned by now and able to rise to the demands of this very intense dose of all things mouse!

I would certainly not do all the parks on consecutive days... mix in with rest days, water parks and Seaworld. With these 6 or 7 attractions, repeated for the main parks, spread over 2 weeks with shopping and rests, you should have a busy and fulfilling time.

Mike
Mike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 04, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I agree with Mike about doing AK first - it is more laid back than the others and therfore easier on everyone. Don't underestimate how tired you will feel for the first few days.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 04, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Guys - appreciate the advice. May well look at AK first - if we can convince our friends that's the way to go.

There's just SO much to try and fit in - but I'm certainly going to take you advice re "rest" days, though with our 6 year old (to be 7 on the trip), belive me, nothing's much of a rest!

Statto
Old 12 Mar 04, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

Yes - I wouldnt do MK first either if it is your first time to disney.

have you been to disneylandparis?

I would start with MGM or Animal Kingdom if you have kids

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 04, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Our friends have done WDW Paris, but we're complete Disney Virgins... though having spent much of the last few months on the 'net and this BB particualrly, I'm beginning to feel like an old stager!
Old 12 Mar 04, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

The magic kingdom in orlando is basically the same as the one in paris except orlando has toon town and is a bit bigger - and of course the weather is nicer!

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 04, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I have heard that if you tell as many CMs as possible (staff are called "Cast Members") about birthdays, you will get more attention and even some free badges (pins) etc. Maybe others here could fill you in on that and what else might happen if you mention birthdays.

I have not been to Florida before (let alone WDW) and we have two birthdays and a wedding anniversary to celebrate between the four of us while we are there, so any advice regarding special celebrations would be most welcome.

Zoe
Old 25 Mar 04, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread