Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Mar 04, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

Boys Behaving Badly Tour...AKA Mike's 40th, 5 Days without the kids and wives tour!

Ok. How’s this look for an intensive 5-6 days at WDW and Universal in June? (Warning- LONG post!..sort of like my trip reports!)

Cast: Me (40 when I’m there!)
Scott (43), best mate
… and that’s it!.. my wife, Scott’s SO and our 4 kids are NOT coming!

Staying 4 nights at Best Western LBV and last night at Royal Pacific Resort, Universal (to get the FOTL access!)

Day 1.. Saturday 12th June

1030 Virgin flight from Manchester to Orlando International, supposed to land 1435. Get hire car before 2nd baggage reclaim, to miss the crowds (any reason why not?.. we can get back to the carousel, can’t we?)

Drive to hotel, via supermarket (probably Goodings) for beer & water, hoping to arrive 1630-1730. Dump cases and either : (1) Planet Hollywood for an early dinner and then onto Epcot, or (2) straight to Epcot and dine there. Wander WS and stay for Illuminations. Back to base.. quick beer and bed!

Day 2.. Sunday 13th June

Up early. Out for a biggish breakfast around 0700, before MGM at 810 for FOTL at rope drop. FP for RnRC, do ToT, RnRC FP time, then StarTours and catch 1st Indiana Jones show. Cruise New York Street. Possibly a couple more attractions, but more likely not. Leave before lunch.. drive to Animal Kingdom. See if lines are short or FPs available for the safari. Have lunch at Tusker House.. Walk the 2 wildlife walks. See Flights of Wonder. Do KalI Rapids if FP or lines permit. Coffee in Harambe. Wander the paths. Leave. (330-4pmish)

Back to MGM.. toying with the idea of a Fantasmic Dinner Package at Hollywood & Vine. Wander the park. Watch Fantasmic.

Back to DownTown Disney. Pleasure Island for an hour or two. Bed!

Day 3.. Monday 14th June..My Birthday!

Up early. Breakfast wherever. Epcot for 0810. (May use Disney transport today to allow drinkies!) At rope-drop, straight to TT for FPs, then to Mission Space and ride. Do TT. Get another FP for MS later.

Go to the Land Pavillion and ride the ride. Go to HISTA and see the show. Living Seas.. wander through. Universe of Energy…. Ride.

World Showcase open by now. Start at Mexico and cruise…. Source lunch (prob Japan for me) and have wine and coffee in several places! Factor in as much street entertainment as possible.. must include Masquerade/Italy (“Time to say goodbye…”), drummers at Japan and Off Kilter (if on that day).Take tea/dinner wherever we fancy.

After Illuminations, and assuming we came on the buses, exit via International Gateway and go to Boardwalk.. either the Brew Pub or Jellyrolls. (or both!)

Taxi back. Bed!

Day 4.. Tuesday 15th June.

Up early (there’s a surprise!) Breakfast. Magic Kingdom for 0810. Straight to Tomorowland.. Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear. Walk to Frontierland: do BTMRR and Splash Mountain. Back to Fantasyland: Mickeys Philharmagic and possibly IASW! (Scott doesn’t have a clue about this!). Lunch (Aunt Pollys probably) then Haunted Mansion. Enough! Leave the park early pm.

Go find a Walmart for the experience and Game Boy games for the kids. Go to Celebration and have an early dinner at Market Street Café. Coffee on the rockers.

Back to hotel… depnding on time and fatigue.. DTD for a drink, possibly PI, then bed.

Day 5.. Wednesday 16th June.

Up VERY early.. pack.. snack Breakfast..check out.. transfer to Royal pacific, Orlando. Get room key (assume that room not available til 3pm) and go to IOA. Use FOTL access and do Hulk, Spidey, poss Dr Doom, Duelling Dragons, Jurassic River Adventure and Popeye/Bluto’s Barges. CITH ride. Exit park for US. Lunch wherever. Studios: Shrek, Jimmy Neutron, Mummy, Twister, Jaws, MIB, Back to the Future, ET.

Hotel: obtain room, dump gear. CityWalk for the evening… dining ideas please? Worth booking?

Do the bars n stuff. Hotel late!

Day 6.. Thursday 17th June.

Up early ( bear in mind I always get up early, 0500 at home and 0600 in Orlando as a rule!) Check out. DTD for 0830 – deposit bags at Virgin Check-in. If waterparks are open 0900, then probably Typhoon Lagoon for an hour or so. After this, or instead if only open at 1000, back to Universal Studios/IOA for last thrash using FOTL pass. Snack lunch. Leave for the Airport at 300-330pm for the 1800 flight.

Pheww!

So, what do you think? Any obvious holes? Alternative suggestions?

Don’t doubt our ability to keep up the pace… no kids, no partners, and both fit/active types used to full days.

Mike
Mike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 04, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarey
Imagineer

Wow you are going to be busy Has Scott been before?
Clarey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 04, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds very busy! Do you stop for toilet breaks or wear nappies!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 04, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post

WOW how tired will you be when you get home? !
One thing I would say is can you not do AK early one day, as the animals on the safari will be more active then? By lunch in June it will be quite hot and most will be sleeping in the shade! Just a thought!
Claire
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 04, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinders Mum
Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Cinders Mum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mike...sounds exhausting, but sleep's for when you get home isn't it? !

Just a quick thing to check, there was talk that IASW would be in rehab (I feel I should be in rehab after suffering it! ) when you're there...

Val
xx

HELEN KNOWLES
GOLD PERSONAL TRAVEL COUNSELLOR

T: 01205 804340
E:helen.knowles@travelcounsellors.com
http://www.travelcounsellors.co.uk/helen.knowles

Travel Counsellors Trust Protection on Every Part of your Booking. ATOL Bonded.
Cinders Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 04, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Phew I am exausted reading this Mike. Has Scott been before and are you confident he can keep up with this pace?

Apart from that sounds good - can't wait to read the actual trip report

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 04, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

Thanks for your reactions all...

Clarey & Tink - no, Scott hasn't been before, but he's used to my planning and epic productions from countless camping and walking trips with mates and families. Part of the rationale behind this trip is to give him a taster before he returns with his brood, probably April 05. He's an ex-squaddy, and has done time in Belize, so he should be able to cope with the humidity and heat!

Val.. I don't think I'll be too upset if Small world is shut!

Claire - hmm, didn't want to 'waste' an early start at AK.. I'd rather ToT and RnRC it than guarantee a seat on The Kilimajaro safari.. reason for going is just to soak up the atmosphere and have a coffee in Harambe! I love the theming at AK but could survive without any of the attractions.

Freckles - I'm sure we'll find time for a wee now and again! (Actually though, you raise an interesting point... if we don't drink at all, we won't need to pee, and think how much time we'll save! )

Mike

Edited at 09:30 PM.
Mike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 04, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mkingdon
Imagineer

mkingdon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
if we don't drink at all
Sorry, does not compute!

Two blokes...40th brithday... if we don't drink at all.

Has someone posted under your username without you knowing?

Edited at 10:03 PM.
mkingdon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 04, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Sounds brilliant Mike I'm Soooo jealous! Now if we are being particular over detail mention that you would cruise into IOA by water taxi from Royal Pacific Resort.and cruise back again.

Also what about swimming at RPR the pool is lovely.
Old 14 Mar 04, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

funny, Craig! ...feel free to insert the words "water" or "before dark" somewhere if it helps!

Denise- I am ashamed to say that I've not even looked at RPR on the web or anything - I don't even know exactly where it is! ... I intend to correct all this before June, of course - so far it's just been the key to FOTL.

Mike
Closed Thread