Notices

Old 15 Aug 08, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
SunshineValley
Very Serious Dibber

Five go to Glenbrook - The Junior Files - Pre-trippie

The cast:
Me (38), Andy, Trip planner, organiser, purchaser etc.
OH (30), Lisa, The wife (enough said)
DD1 (9), Zoe, will be 10 whilst we're over there, coaster freek!
DD2 (9), Kerri, the other twin, who funnily enough will also reach 10 there! Not so coaster freekish!
DS (5 months old), Luke (or before he was born, Junior!), our little man, happy soul, first trip to Florida (obviously!)

Day -61; The pre-trippie
So, we're approaching the time where we take our delayed trip to Orlando, as it was postponed due to the impending birth of DS. Thanks to our wonderful travel insurance company, a full refund on the original trip has paid for this one, and we're back to our traditional October half term dates.

We've got flights with American Airlines (nice and cheap as I've managed to accumulate enough miles to pay for two of the flights outright!), but they have changed countless times since we booked them.

Firstly, they moved us from Gatwick to Heathrow on the return (not a problem), they've changed the time of our return flight an amazing 5 times, they've downsized the return aircraft to a 767 (annoying, as it doesn't have seat back screens), and they've tried to squeeze us in to a 30 minute connection at Dallas on return. I've been on the phone sorting this out for quite a while, and we now have a tight 65 minutes at Dallas - but heh, if we're late, then American Airlines can put us up for a night in Dallas!

Anyway, that's all for now... More pre-trippie stuff to follow! I'm just preparing for a recently booked holiday to go and watch some baseball in Baltimore, with OH and DS, whilst DDs are with their mother in some outskirt of a fishing port in North Lincolnshire - Lucky them! NOT!
SunshineValley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 08, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Looking forward to reading more. I would be getting really annoyed with all of the travel changes. Sounds as though you are taking it in your stride though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 08, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post

weve had two flight changes with our flights with continental but they are laughable each one is for a 1 minute change I think they are totally on the ball or what lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 08, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
coombsyl
Imagineer

Good that you got it all rebooked.

What are DD2 and DS names? or are they travelling incognito?
Old 15 Aug 08, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

You will love Glenbrook - it's a lovely estate with a Walgreen's at the entrance and both Publix and Walmart quite close. It sounds like you'll have a great time and I'm pleased you got the flights sorted now.

Katie
Old 15 Aug 08, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SunshineValley
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by coombsyl View Post
Good that you got it all rebooked.

What are DD2 and DS names? or are they travelling incognito?
Good point, and now updated!

Thanks!
SunshineValley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List