Old 15 Aug 08, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
California dreaming, screaming and still beaming :) Day 8

31/07/08

Softball teams still here. Had breakfast in room as there was no where to sit in the communal area. Cheched out and headed off to Monterey. Great scenery on the way - very agricultural and we passed a huge reservoir.

Found the hotel easily - Casa Munras which was a little bit away from the Cannery but there was a free trolley bus from the transit square - 2 min walk away.

Once again I had used Hotwire for this hotel as we were only going to be here 1 night. Once again... rubbish view!

The hotel itself was lovely - like a spa - with fire pits and seating on a patio.

We caught the trolley to Cannery Row and had a wander around.

DD and I also had a water massage!

Thern we went to the Aquarium which we knew had a webcam somewhere. We had seen that it focussed on some rocks in the bay - but you could see part of a walkway and people up close too! Rang my mother and told here that we would go and hunt for it and stand so that she could see us. (She has done this to us on many occassions! I've seen here up and down the escalators of the MGM Grand in LV, tap dancing by some fountains and also risking life and limb standing on a traffic island in Turkey! )

Anyway - Aquarium is very good and it was very busy too! Didn't find the webcam and none of the staff I asked knew where it was either!

Here's some jellyfish!

I wasn't very happy about the penguin enclosure - I thought it looked small compared with Seaworld.

We had food in Bubba Gumps and then planned on going back to the hotel for a drink.

DH and I both had a bit of a headache and the kids were tired too. We all laid on the beds and DH fell asleep. The rest of us ended up watching Sweet Home Alabama. It was far too hot to sleep and there was no air conditioning. I thought I just couldn't get it to work and rang the front desk - but to be fair they gave is a tall fan.

Missed out on our drink at the firepit!

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...

Edited at 05:32 PM.
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 08, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Another nice day with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 08, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Nice day again. Love your mum making you watch her on the webcams.

Also forgot to say... love the title of your report
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 08, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lovely day. Great idea of your mum's with the webcams
Old 18 Aug 08, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great day!
Old 19 Aug 08, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great pics of the jellyfish
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 08, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellestar
Imagineer

Lovely pictures again,
F/drives 1989-2000,G/Vista 2000-02 M/Vge 02 G/Vista 02,W/Palms 03-04-05,C/bay 05,W/Hills 05-06 All Virgin,C/bay & H/Rock Htl Univ TCD S/First Sept 06,April 07 Virgin,Sept 07 FChoice-VCay Res & P/Bay,April-May Thom/Prem 08 V/Cay,Sept 08 V/Cay,Feb 09 US Air Villa,Sept 09 Villa/Univ Port/Bay & Virgin F/Class Orl,May Univ Port/Ba,Sept 10 Villa,Feb 12/SSR May 13, SSR JUN 14, May 19 Cabana Bay & OKW Resort, May 20 HRH & Endless .
Bellestar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 08, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Wonderful day...Monterey looks amazing. We also have 1 night planned here on our way down the coast from SF to LA. I am loving your trippie

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 08, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Great day, the water massage looks great!
Old 21 Aug 08, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
coombsyl
Imagineer

We used to love watching DS and DDIL on the webcam of their cruiseship. You are really getting around. You must have spent ages doing all the planning.