Notices

Old 25 Aug 08, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Dollar Bill and Jools go West. Pre trip report.

Dollar Bill and Jools go West. Pre trip report.

Well it’s almost time for our next holiday and this time it’s going to be Las Vegas, San Francisco, Anaheim and Palm Desert.

Holiday makers are:
Dollar Bill – lover of all gadgets, owner of the largest camera backpack ever. Enjoys a good fiddle with all things gadget like. Bill’s favourite American attractions are Circuit City and Best Buy.

Jools – Not impressed by gadgets or Bill’s fiddling. Jools likes exploring the local area, anything of historical interest (it’s often only interesting to me), going to shows, especially comedy ones. Will be doing some in Vegas for sure. Jools is not a great lover of shopping unless it involves Walgreens or Bath and Body works.

As far as I’m aware Bill has not invited any of his friends along with us, as he did last September when we went to Florida. He invited two of his friends along without asking me. They accepted his ‘kind’ invitation so he had to take me out to dinner and ply me with cocktails before telling me what he’d done! He has not done that this time so I’m assuming it’s just the two of us.

We went to Vegas and LA/Anaheim for the first time in 2006 and had a blast. We (well more me really) have been itching to go back ever since. As I have a rather big birthday coming up – OK I’ll be 50 in September – why not celebrate it if not in style then with lots of tacky fun
The flights were booked over a year ago. Return flights from Manchester to Las Vegas. They were originally with Airtours, but now with Thomas Cook after the two companies merged. We are going for three weeks, flying out on Sunday 14th September, a week before my big birthday.

We are staying at Bewleys the night before we fly. We’ve tried lots of Manchester hotels, but have opted for Bewleys because the rooms are good with free internet access. Oh yes and we like the bar there too, it just gets us nicely in the holiday mood. Bill has strict instructions not to fiddle with the thermostat as he did last September.

We are possibly the Dibb’s worst planners in that we don’t really do it, but go with the flow. However we do have a few things planned for this holiday We have booked Alcatraz tickets and also some tour thingy of San Francisco (Bill did it on line so he knows more about it). We also have a show booked in Vegas - I’ve forgotten which one it is. I hope Bill knows – can you tell I’m getting on in years? My memory is failing fast. We probably have other things booked too but they escape me
I do know we are doing:

6 nights in Vegas, staying at a timeshare resort (gambling and fun here)
4 Nights in San Francisco, staying at the Radisson, Fisherman’s Wharf (sightseeing)
2 nights at Disney’s Grand Californian (Do the Disney stuff here)
7 Nights at a Marriott resort in Palm Desert (Mostly chill out here)
2 nights back in Vegas before we fly home again. (maybe shop here)

We are flying Virgin America from Vegas to San Francisco and also from San Francisco to LA, before going on to Anaheim and the Grand Californian.
We are driving back to Vegas following our stay at Palm Desert.

So although certain parts of my old body are going South, Bill and Jools are definitely going West – bring it on……….

Edited at 09:26 PM.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 08, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
love the pre-trip Jools, sounds like you're gonna have a blast
Old 25 Aug 08, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

Sounds like a fun trip!

Jodie
Old 25 Aug 08, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post

This one does sound like fun, I hope you enjoy it and your big birthday when it comes
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 08, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
wow...sounds like a fab trip you have got planned
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 08, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post

It sounds great, looking forward to the trip report!
Old 26 Aug 08, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Wow, that sounds like some trip, a great way to celebrate your Birthday. I can't wait to read your trippies

Caron
Old 26 Aug 08, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sounds like a cracking trip Jools, don't forget your Dibb mates if you win big on the tables in Vegas

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 08, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Good start there Jools - welcome to the 50 club! Looking forward to your trip reports!
Old 26 Aug 08, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
Sounds like a cracking trip Jools, don't forget your Dibb mates if you win big on the tables in Vegas
Lol I won't Jakki. We are unlikely to win big though as we stick to the penny slot machines. Our big win in 06 was $40 from a 1 cent stake.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List