Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 18 Sep 08, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Dollar_Bill and Jools go west. September 2008 Day 0

Day 0 Saturday 13th September 08, The boring bit – Newcastle to Manchester

Well at last it was almost time for our long awaited holiday in Las Vegas and the West Coast. We’d booked our flights in August 2007, originally with Airtours before their merger with Thomas Cook.
I’m going to keep this report short as a) it seems like it was ages ago, I’m writing it in the middle of the night in Vegas, due to jet lag and b) it’s pretty run of the mill.
I was up at around 5am on this Saturday morning and finished of my holiday ironing and did some packing. I woke Bill up at 7 as he had to be at work for 8. He was groaning as per usual about having to get up and go to work but I reminded him it was only until 12 and then holiday time would officially start. His mood immediately changed and he was soon out of bed and ready to go. I dropped him of at work, went to get my hair cut and returned to the office a couple of hours later. We work in the same office and I had a few things to finish off before I was ‘good to go’. We left work at 12 on the dot, went home finished packing and were soon on the road to Manchester in my little red mini.
Bill was driving as usual, (I did offer but he wouldn’t have any of it). He was tired and sore. As well as his usual problems with his knee (which requires a replacement) he had also badly burnt his leg on the exhaust of his motor bike the day before and had also had a tooth out 2 days before that and had a sore gum so was not feeling 100%. So we had a little rest at Weatherby, where we just got out of the car and stretched ourselves a bit. For anyone who is interested this is a brand new service station. I thought it was lovely as the roads were brand new and there was a heavy smell of tar I the air – ah nectar. After about 15 minutes we were on our way again, the Tom Tom lady was giving us directions. As we approached Manchester Bill declared the Tom Tom lady was wrong and he would go a ‘better’ route. This resulted in us getting lost, so he reluctantly gave in to Mrs Tom Tom and let her get us to Bewleys.

Once at Bewleys, check in was easy, our room was ready and we had a comfortable room on the first floor.

Bill lay down on one of the beds, I went into the bathroom for a shower and when I came out he was fast asleep and snoring away. He stayed like that for quite some time, until the X factor (one of his favourite programmes) came on TV, which woke him up again. We watched X factor and then went down to the bar for something to eat and drink. We really like the bar in Bewleys, it is very informal and they have a good bar menu. There is also the Brasserie where they do ‘proper’ meals. In the bar we both had vegetable broth, with a bread roll, and I had a gammon pannini. Bill only had soup due to his sore mouth – ahh poor Bill. We also had a pint of lager each – to help us sleep you know. We didn’t stay in the bar for long before going back to the room, slightly the worse for wear after the lager. Once back in the room I had a text from SusieK of the Dibb, wishing us a great holiday and an ahem alternative to drink for having a good night’s sleep. It made me giggle but I then deleted the text just in case I lost my phone as I did when we went to Egypt earlier this year. My phone was traced back to me via texts from Susie, I didn’t want a stranger reading the one she’d just sent me . We got watched a bit more TV, the lager worked its magic and we were soon fast asleep ready for the long day to follow.

Edited at 10:16 PM.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 08, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Hee hee great start Jools... cant believe Bill is an X-Factor fan

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 08, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great start - poor Bill - sounds like he's been in the wars!

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 08, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Hmmmm the mind boggles Jools as to what SusieK told you to drink Poor Bill with his dodgy knee...burnt leg and sore mouth...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 08, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
A good start, sounds like Bills ready for the knackers yard
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 08, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

Great start

Jodie
Old 18 Sep 08, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Good start
Old 18 Sep 08, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Good start, poor Bill, I hope he's soon feeling better.

Caron
Old 18 Sep 08, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fancy ignoring the Tom Tom lady, Bill... LOL

Bob
Old 18 Sep 08, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

A great start I love bewleys too food lovely
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List