Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
Arrow "Living the Villa loca…” - Planning

Planning, and in some cases a lack thereof.

Back to Index

The one thing we didn’t see coming was 3 key managers, the IT guys, and one other member of staff all being out of the company at the same time.

When I first started planning this trip, I hadn’t even met Mel, let alone see her take on the role of office manager. Gemma was thinking of another career path, and Ben was in a Technical support role rather than a full Technical Manager.

So it came as a bit of a shock to the rest of the staff when they realised the gravity of 1/3rd of the staff being out for three weeks!

In the days leading up to the holiday the Financial Director could be heard whilst wondering around muttering about “a calm before the storm,” which I considered a bit pessimistic for a Buddhist I thought, but then I have yet to meet a Buddhist who drinks as much as David does.

Seeing as we had just four-wheel drifted his new car round the roundabout before he'd even seen it, I let him carry on in his own little world of misery.

Itineraries

It was unusual putting an Itinerary together this time, as there are different people with different tickets, wants and needs.

I was asked to put something loose together, so Mel and I put options on each day rather than a fixed plan. We also highlighted some of the options where we considered it the best time to do something, to hopefully insure everyone gets to see as much as possible.

With the exception of Paul, who originally planned to go see the shuttle launch before they moved it, we all booked the same day for Discovery Cove. We plan on doing the Dolphin swim as two sets of couples, so the other couples can film and photograph them.

We also bought Frequent Fear passes to Universal Studios, and then all bought front-of-line passes for one of the nights.

Planning for a big group is very difficult, and I know keeping the group moving in order to get-things-done will be challenging as well.
Let’s see what the trip brings. First order of the day is to raise the dead

Edited at 09:59 AM.
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 08, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Excellent... looking forward to reading more.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 08, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds fun xx

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 08, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

Hope it goes well mate, I know this was a bit of light at the end of the tunnel for you, so have a fabulous time.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 -•- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 -•- Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 15, Jul/Aug 16, Aug 17, Aug 18, Aug 19... and coming next, Jul/Aug 20
Disneyland Paris: Many times since 1992, lost count! -•- Disneyland California: Aug 2011 (for D23 Expo event), Aug 2014
Andre is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 08, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Hope it all goes to plan, it's a challenge trying to make plans for a group but i'm sure you will have a ball !
Old 28 Sep 08, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Have a fab time - sounds like fun
Clare is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 08, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Whatever happens, according to plan or not, I know you guys will have a great time, enjoy yourselves and we will enjoy reading all about it.
Old 29 Sep 08, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
looking forward to reading all about the trip
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 08, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun
Old 29 Sep 08, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
feebee
slightly serious Dibber

looking forward to this ... Sounds fun

15 years of Florida Trips. Lots of villa's, Bahama Bay Resort, Royal Pacific Resort, Celebration Hotel, WDW Swan, Naples, Marco Island, Sarasota, Clearwater. Onsite next for the first time - Wilderness Lodge
feebee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List