Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 21 Oct 08, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post

The Heggies Hawaiian Adventure-Day Four

Day Four

I slept till 8am this morning & feel so much better getting a good sleep! Once we both got ready we got the cable car down to Powell, from there we walked to Chinatown. We found a bar at the edge of Chinatown called Vesuvio, on our city tour we’d stopped outside it, our guide was telling us that it opens 6am-2am every day of the year! Since we were passing we popped in for a bud each. It felt funny drinking at 9.30 in the morning but we weren’t the only ones. There were a few guys that had been in since 6am! We left after one drink since we hadn’t had breakfast yet!

Outside Vesuvio

We had a walk through Chinatown & found the Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory. It’s a small room with a few women sitting on a production line more or less. It cost 50c to take a photo & I bought a dollar bag of fortune cookies.

Chinatown

Next we walked to the cable car museum, we didn’t stay here long but it was interesting to see where all the cars run from.

Cable Car Museum

Across the street we went in to a little café called The Gallery. I had grilled cheese & tomato sandwich, DH had a BLT. We both had a coke & it cost $15.

There was internet access in here-$3 for 20 minutes so we checked emails. After we left we checked my map & it was only 9 blocks to Lombard St, so we thought we might as well walk. Wed been here on our city tour but we wanted to walk up the top of it. What we didn’t realise that of the 9 blocks to get there a lot of them were up steep hills. By the time we got there I was knackered! Then we walked up all the stairs at the side of Lombard St.

At the bottom of Lombard St

Edited at 05:15 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 08, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Once we got to the top we had a rest then walked to Fisherman’s Wharf, We went to Pier 39 & got a Nutella crepe to share-$7.

Next we wanted to visit Coit Tower. It wasn’t too far but it was uphill all the way-I felt like my legs wouldn’t carry me any more. What made it worse was at the top we realised that we could’ve got a bus up! We paid $5 each to get the elevator to the top of the tower.

Coit Tower

There was great views from the top.

When we had finished we walked back down to the Wharf & got the F-Line Streetcar to Union Square. We done a bit more shopping. Then we looked for a restaurant in Union Square that id saw on the internet, its for later tonight but when we found it we saw that it had closed down. We got the cable car back to our hotel, got ready quickly then went out for dinner.

Heart of Union Square

We went back to The Cheesecake Factory, it wasn’t too busy as it was just 5pm. We got a table in 10 minutes.

View from the rooftop terrace at The Cheesecake Factory

We shared a starter of Tex-Mex egg rolls.

Then I had Chicken Costolleto & DH had Steak Diane. The portions were really big, we couldn’t finish our meals. We had a coke each & also got a slice of Strawberry Cheesecake to take away. It cost $63.

We had a look around Macys when we came out then got the bus back to our hotel to pack for tomorrow. It didn’t take long as we just had a mini trolley case each for San Francisco, we’ve both still got a full case unopened for Hawaii.

We were asleep for 10.30.
Old 21 Oct 08, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are enjoying your trippies we spent 4 nights at the Holiday Inn in June we were on the 23rd floor! But till our last morning we didn't know we could see the coast as it was so foggy the whole of our time there!
Old 21 Oct 08, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Another excellent day kerry... photos are great!
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 08, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

Another busy day - food looks great

That woman in the fortune cookie factory looks happy at her work
Old 21 Oct 08, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post

my legs ache just reading your reports. Sounds like you are having a great time.
Old 22 Oct 08, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Another fantastic report with lovely photos.
Old 22 Oct 08, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

sounds like a good trip
love the outfits :P
Old 23 Oct 08, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews