Notices

Old 29 Oct 08, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
babagail-kaye
Trainee Dibber

Kaye & Family's 1st Trip Pre-Trip Report (take 2)

Well you may be wondering why this is a PRE-trip report instead of the fully detailed report of our wonderful holiday to Florida 2nd October- 16th October. Well thats because we HAVENT been yet

We were booked with TCD and so the holiday was cancelled. We were very lucky and rebooked with First Choice. They will also be making the Atol claim for us.

So a few things have changed but we are still going (eventually) i have just updated were necassary.

For those who are interested my original pre-trip report and what we look like it is here - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=237189

So onwards and upwards as they say -

Introductions

Me - Kaye - I am the planner for this entire trip. This is my second trip to Orlando. I first went in 1997 with my daughter Jade for her 4th birthday. We stayed at the Sheraton Lakeside Kissimmee (may be called something different now). We flew with Virgin which was good and at the time was the only company that gave an offer for single parent families. I really liked this hotel and the holiday was fantastic and promised myself I would one day go back. The main thing that I am looking forward to is just seeing my families faces light up with each new experience and knowing that I’ve been a part in making it happen.

Steven - My wonderful Fiancé. This is his first trip and is really excited too, We’ve been together for 8 years but only managed two weekends away as holidays together, so this is also another big part of the excitement. He is also secretly addicted to the forums and is most looking forward to visiting Epcot, seeing our children enjoying themselves and the shuttle launch.

Ashley (16) - Steven’s eldest daughter and my wonderful step daughter. This is her first time. Not sure if Disney is her thing and I’m really hoping that it doesn’t disappoint and she enjoys it as much as we hope she does. I know she’ll love the shopping bit though! Most looking forward to……..I DONT KNOW! - in a typical teenage ‘Kevin’ mode. Come on girl wake up! UPDATE - Ashley will turn 17 before flying, hence having to now pay for her as an adult

Jade (15) - Jade is my beautiful eldest daughter and Steven’s step daughter. This will be her second visit (1997). She pretends she’s too cool to be excited but I know she is as we look through the photographs of our last visit. She has promised that she will take the food photos for the benefit of the trip report too. She is a complete coaster freak and is most looking forward to Busch Gardens, eating at the Hard Rock Café and shopping.

Abigail (4) - Abigail is both mine and Steven’s daughter and is the most fun loving of us all. She might still be a bit little to go on some rides, but is looking forward to going on most of them. She is really excited about meeting all the Disney characters, especially the princesses. What she doesn’t know is that we have booked her a place in the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique at Cinderella’s Castle. Abigail’s face is what will really make this holiday special to me and Steven. UPDATE - Abigail will turn 5 on holiday, so money saved on the huge party she was having and some nice surprises on holiday

Megan (Will be 14 weeks old) - She is mine and Steven’s as well, and it is obviously her first holiday (haha). I think she will be really impressed with It’s a Small World and enjoy the night time lights. UPDATE - Megan will be 6 months now, able to sit up and enjoy more

Thelma - Thelma is Steven’s mum, and this is her first trip to Orlando. Thelma’s excitement is on the same level as mine, and it’s been great talking to her about the holiday and getting excited together. Thelma is a complete shopaholic, especially when it comes to the kids and I can see me having trouble getting her out of the shops so we can actually see some of the theme park before it closes! Thelma is most looking forward to SHOPPING.

Bernard - Bernard is Steven’s step-father and has also never been to Orlando. Keeps having to be reminded that he is actually going due to a bump on the head some months ago (Bernard was badly beaten whilst working down South, it was touch and go for a while and a very scary time). This trip for them is mainly being paid for by Steven and I as a huge thank you for what they have done for Steven over the years. Mostly looking forward to playing golf.

Planning

We first started talking about needing a holiday in December 2006 whilst looking through the internet. Steven was the first one to mention Florida, I think he’d heard me talk about it so often it had always been on the back of his mind too. Of course I didn’t need much persuasion. We looked at a few tour operators but the prices were looking way more than we could possibly afford. Virgin was looking at around £7000 with all the extra’s we wanted not including park tickets and First choice was around £6000.

Travel City Direct was recommended to me by a friend from work and with an 8 seater car with Platinum insurance & added driver, 4 bed villa on Highlands Reserve, Double Baggage, Pre-seating and Free time check in, 4 Adults, 3 Children, 1 infant and a crib, a grand total of £4210.00 WOW! So after much deliberating we finally booked on the 21st September 2007 flying out on 2nd October 2008, almost 2 years since deciding to go.
UPDATE - We are now travelling with First Choice and to have the holiday as above they wanted over £6000 - so as we haqve no money left only christmas money (and they arn't having that) we asked them what we could have for our money. We have 4 bed STANDARD villa in Kissimmee (happier with location, not villa) Car hire is included but not insurance and they wanted £28 per day (no point having FREE car hire is there) no double baggage 20 kilos only, no pre-seating, they wanted an extra £240, no free time check in and no crib, had to pay extra £100 for crib and high chair = £4800 and everytime she went to confirm the price it went up £500 each time :angry: I was constantly crying knowing that we couldn't afford this as well as the car insurance. The rep kindly spoke to her manager and they agreed that i could have the holiday for the £4800 amount. We have since found seperate car insurance at Platinum standard for £140 and booked day before check in for £5 each

We have also booked an overnight stay at the Travelodge at Manchester Airport on the 1st October. So 4 Adults, 3 children, 1 infant and cot, 2 family rooms and breakfasts all round - £92.00 - BARGAIN! UPDATE - well this is a bargain unless you want to cancel it - NOT! - couldn't cancel it or change the dates, so rebooked for the 3rd December and myself and the kids went and stayed here, chilled, went out for dinner and plane watched the day after. Must say that we thoroughly enjoyed the stay, can't wait to go back, excellent breakfast, highly recommend the place.

Advanced Dining Reservation’s and Itinerary

We have only booked 1 ADR which is at the Rainforest café at Downtown Disney for the evening after spending the day at Animal Kingdom. We as a family don’t particularly like the idea of having to be at a certain place at a certain time, plus there are so many off site places we want to try too. We will chance our luck at getting into a few on site places but if we can’t, then this is fine. UPDATE - Tried to reschedule this onlt to nfind that my booking ref not recognised and she said they dont take bookings for Downtown Rainforest cafe

The only other reservations I have booked is the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique for Abigail as a surprise. I have booked the Crown package which is $54.95 and will buy her a princess outfit before going. I have found a really good fancy dress website a2z-kids/disney/dis...ty_disney.html were I will hopefully buy the Aurora costume for £20.95. This will save me about £80 on buying the castle package. UPDATE - managed to rescedule this for 8am couldn't get it for Abigails birthday so have booked 1900 Park Fare character breakfast on her birthday

We will also be booking a golf round for Steven & Bernard at Highlands Reserve Golf Club. UPDATE - we have just cancelled this and the boys will; rebook somewhere if they want

Now for the itinerary. It is very packed, but as there is different things that everyone wants to do, I feel that this is the only way to fit it all in. I don’t think we’ll have to worry about the baby as we will be making regular pit stops for food and drink. Abigail is also very energetic but we are prepared to buy or hire a buggy if she gets too tired. If we can’t do everything we want to do, we’ll just have to come back again next year!

Day 1 4th
Thurs Arrive at the villa tea time. Unpack. Super Wal-Mart shop for groceries. Arrival approx 4.30pm. Pool, relax, and eat out at Friendly’s on 192.

Day 2 5th Fri Golden Corral for breakfast. Animal Kingdom all day. Flame Tree BBQ for lunch. Go to Down Town Disney for evening. Maybe hire a boat. Dinner at Rainforest Cafe.

Day 3 6th Sat Breakfast at villa. Epcot all day. Electric umbrella for lunch. International gateway – Beaches and Cream for evening meal – Kitchen Sink?)

Day 4 7th Sun Breakfast at IHOP. Blizzard Beach in Morning. Garbage Pale for lunch. Explore Old Town afternoon. Dinner at Chili’s at old Town.

Day 5 8th Mon BBB booked @ 8am. Magic Kingdom till after parade. Prime Outlets for shopping. Dinner at Tony Roma’s on International Drive for all you can eat ribs.

Day 6 9th Tues Breakfast at Ponderosa. Universal studios all day. Lunch at Mel’s Drive in. Dinner at Hard Rock Cafe.

Day 7 10th Wed Breakfast at villa, then call at Krispy Kreme. Drive to Clearwater beach for day. Go north of the pier. Eat dinner at the villa takeaway.

Day 8 11th Thurs Breakfast at Wendy’s. Wet ‘n’ Wild till afternoon. Pirates Cove mini golf on International Drive. Dinner at Bahama Breeze on International Drive.

Day 9 12th Fri Breakfast at Dunkin Donuts on way to Busch Gardens all day for me, Steven, Ashley and Jade. Thelma and Bernard to have Abigail and Megan for day. Dinner at Outback Steakhouse on 192.

Day 10 13th Sat Abigail’s Birthday - Character Breakfast @ Grand Floridian 1900 Park Fare. Aquatica for afternoon. Magic Kingdom for approx 4pm through to finish.

Day 11 14th Sun Breakfast at Denny’s. Sea World all day. Celebration in the evening for the snow. Dinner at Sizzlers.

Day 12 15th Mon Breakfast at villa. Islands of adventure all day using Express passes if needed. Lunch here and dinner at Bubba Gump’s.

Day 13 16th Tues Breakfast at Perkins. MGM Studios all day. Lunch at Sci-fi diner. Snack while watching Fantasmic. Takeaway for supper at villa.

Day 14 17th Wed Kennedy Space Centre for boys and Jade. Rest of girls get a taxi and go shopping or choice park. Dinner at Cici’s Pizza.

Day 15 18th Thurs Favourite place for breakfast. Disney Quest for early morning and enjoy the last few hours of our holiday
Say good bye to FLORIDA! Leave for airport approx 11.30am. Flight @ 16:20pm. Must be at airport 3 hrs prior to flight.

I have made a note of the EMH and looked at what we can change if its raining on a water park day. We will also go to the shopping malls after the water parks.

Tickets

We have ordered our tickets from Attraction Tickets Direct.
6 adult 14 day ultimate Disney
1 child 14 day ultimate Disney
4 adult 6 park Flexticket plus
2 adult 5 park Flexticket
1 child 5 park Flexticket - £1935.00
We will pay on day for Kennedy Space Centre.

The travellers cheques and dollars have all been ordered and we are just awaiting delivery. UPDATE - all delivered and not enjoying the fab dip in the poundHope everyone enjoyed reading this and will catch up with me on our return. To everyone who has been, hope you had a wonderful holiday, and to those who are yet to go, have the happiest time of your life!

Kaye and family.

babagail-kaye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 08, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post

You seem to be all sorted this time.

It will be even sweeter this time.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 08, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds excellent hope you all have a fab time, we went to 1900 PF in Sept and it was really good (character interaction) enjoy and look forward to hearing all about it on your return
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 08, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
brummymummy
Imagineer

brummymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 90
Have a fantastic time! So glad to see youve re-booked and all sorted now!

xx
2012 Pre-trippie
brummymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List